Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Question!

• 07-04-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

My friend wants to do radiography next year but he's not sure whether he'll get the points. If he did arts could he take radiography as a module or elective or something?? Like a back door way into the course almost?!?!?

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com the worlds largest pokerroom. Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted. Your credit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy! Good Luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

SirCretop wrote:
    My friend wants to do radiography next year but he's not sure whether he'll get the points. If he did arts could he take radiography as a module or elective or something?? Like a back door way into the course almost?!?!?

Even if he could do an elective in it, he wouldn't be able to do it after the first semester or at best the first year - his degree would be a BA, not a BSc or whatever Radiography is. If what you're talking about was the case, then I could do Law or Medicine with like 350/360 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

ah right thanks! i think he'd just like to do it as an elective and not really as a core subject. Cheers.

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com the worlds largest pokerroom. Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted. Your credit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy! Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Whilst you're meant to be able to do Introduction to Radiography as an elective as far as I know they limit it to Radiography students only.

However things are constantly changing with regards to modularisation so you're best bet would be to email Cecilia Byrne who is the Degree Programme Manager for Radiography. You can contact her at cecilia.byrne@ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

ah right......hopefully that's not case but i'll tell him to email her to be sure to be sure. Thanks for your help!!

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com the worlds largest pokerroom. Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted on page 1 of the signup stage. Your credit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy! Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Last year you could definitely do intro to radiography, but it's actually quite difficult. Just generally they might be better off doing something related like science or nursing as you can get into it through mature entry.

• Advertisement

healthscience@ucd.ie is another email to contact.

And yep - I'd agree with Dajaffa, that intro from what I've heard its nothing like I did and covers interpersonal skills (it used to be a separate subject) and theory - though they did take out the rather horrible generator lectures (which still make my class weep when they think of it).

You do get the exam paper in advance however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

You get the exam paper in advance? :confused: what's the point in that - is it because its that damn tough?

its actually tough enough as far as I know, like I didn't actually do it due to being a third year but apparently it is rather a lot of essays etc. Its tough if you never have actually dealt with patients.

Advertisement