Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is My Garmin Faulty?

• 07-04-2007 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

I have a Garmin C510. Just purchased it from Halfords last week.
    I did my first long distance route with it yesterday and it was absolutely useless.
    I drove from Dublin to Sligo.. But so many times when I was on the main Sligo road, it kept telling me to take a turn off to these small roads.. Then it would recalculate as I continue on the correct road and then it would tell me to turn off again
    Why I cant understand? Any ideas?
    Do halfords have some sort of returns policy for GPS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Depends how you have it set up. It may be set up to take you the shortest time rather than the shortest route. It doesn't mean its faulty. Try changing the setup or, like I did, take the route it suggest, it might knock a good bit of your journey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

also get the latest maps. garmin will usually send them foc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I already tryed adjusting the route method.. Fastest time/shortest route

anyone else got any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I did the same journey recently, though only as far as roscommon. There were new roads on the way that were not on my Garmin, I have since updated my maps and have not had the same trouble.

Try updating your maps to v9nt.

Well my garmin came with v9 of the maps for uk and ireland pre loaded so im guessing thats the most up to date i can get them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

souinds like Your device is probly set to "shorter distance" mode not fastest time....Go into system navigation settings and select "fastest time" it'll keep ya stuck to the main roads

slickmcvic wrote:
    souinds like Your device is probly set to "shorter distance" mode not fastest time....Go into system navigation settings and select "fastest time" it'll keep ya stuck to the main roads

spot on. made the change and drove back to Dub today.
    Was perfect.

Advertisement