Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Party - Suggestions

• 07-04-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I'm holding a class party on Tuesday (yes, I timed that very badly, I wasn't intending to run when I set the date). I am going to buy some food and drink for it. I'm not certain what to buy. I was thinking pringles and shooter+7-up, but I just wanted to get people's opinions on what they would like to see at a class party (It's in the upstairs of the forum bar)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd go with Doritos and pringles, I think there might even be a special offer on them at the moment in Tesco. Tesco value peanuts are quite tasty and are like 37c a bag or soemthing ridiculous like that:p At the Karaoke I helped organise last week we bought packs of microwave popcorn, popped them and left them in bowls on the tables. People tend to eat anything though so I wouldn't worry too much bout food.

When you booked the place did you say you needed a barperson coz I can't see that drink lasting long? Personally I think you're better off letting people buy their own drink but perhaps maybe you could make vodka jelly or buy a bottle or two of sambucha/some other shot [buy in Aldi for cheap] and some plastic cups especially if its coming out of your own pocket.

Best of luck with it, I'm sure ye'll have a great night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It sounds good. Make sure you cover all the bases and I reckon it'll be grand.

I wouldn't worry about the food or the drink. The bar would be alright so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Scraggs wrote:
    I'd go with Doritos and pringles, I think there might even be a special offer on them at the moment in Tesco. Tesco value peanuts are quite tasty and are like 37c a bag or soemthing ridiculous like that:p At the Karaoke I helped organise last week we bought packs of microwave popcorn, popped them and left them in bowls on the tables. People tend to eat anything though so I wouldn't worry too much bout food.

When you booked the place did you say you needed a barperson coz I can't see that drink lasting long? Personally I think you're better off letting people buy their own drink but perhaps maybe you could make vodka jelly or buy a bottle or two of sambucha/some other shot [buy in Aldi for cheap] and some plastic cups especially if its coming out of your own pocket.

Best of luck with it, I'm sure ye'll have a great night!!
    well the bar isnt fantastic about you bringing in drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sandwiches tend to go down well at these things.

Although if price is of consequence then I like Scraggs' idea of microwave popcorn, ppl definitely would go in for that.

Good luck wit it anyway, hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

buying cheap beer=more beer=dontico being very drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Plates of sandwiches from Café Brava are pricey though. I'd go with the doritos and popcorn idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Theres your answer bout the drink so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Where could I opo popcorn on campus?
    Also, this is the first time I've been told that the bar won't allow you to bring drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

Who's paying for it? get lobster, or saussages. How many can upstairs in the forum bar hold? Economics is a big class, you sure everyone will fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Where could I opo popcorn on campus?
    Also, this is the first time I've been told that the bar won't allow you to bring drink.
    Know anyone who lives on campus and has a microwave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I do. but it'll cost ya a few free pints ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I've heard about the existence of popcorn that is already popped in a packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Chakar wrote:
    I've heard about the existence of popcorn that is already popped in a packet.
    WITCHCRAFT! Burn the Heretic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

WITCHCRAFT! Burn the Heretic!

Ive been saying we should burn Chakar for years ! Now we have a reason :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

lollipops you cant go wrong with lollipops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

panda100 wrote:
    lollipops you cant go wrong with lollipops!

So I thought, until a particularly large one nearly ended my short life at the age of 3, becoming stubbornly lodged in my throat in playschool and necessitating an incredibly fast ambulance journey.

But apart from that, sure, lollipops rock. Just not the big ones, for the love of god. Those small fizzy cola ones, maybe.

BEWARE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Ehm am i missing something??Are you allowed bring in beer if the forums rented?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

So how did the class party work out? Get a big turn out? All the food go down well?
    Gerry87 wrote:
    Who's paying for it? get lobster, or sausages.

Brilliant!

Advertisement