Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else is on Vodafones Unlimited 3G?

Options
  • 07-04-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get their Vodafone 3G Data card when it first came to the market.......If so what is going to happen to us when our year is up?

Will we be put on the 5Gb cap or let carry on as we are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

We are already on the 5GB cap, its in the contract. The fact is its not a unlimited service as they claim it is. There's a 5GB cap.

My contract is up in a month or two, I'm hoping to get actual Broadband off Eircom or Smart if my line passes, very unlikely it will pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tubbritt

We are already on the 5GB cap, its in the contract.

Nope, there is no 5GB cap on the unlimited data card package. It’s also NOT in the contract. In fact there is no specified limit on the usage of the card other than the mention of a fair use policy.

So long as you don’t go completely mental, you will be left alone.

What godskitchen is more than likely referring to is the fact that new customers don’t seem to be able to sign up to this unlimited package anymore, and once our year is up, will Vodafone try to throw us “Unlimited Customers” back onto the new 5GB limited package they are offering now.

My hope is that they will leave us well alone to continue as we are since we signed up to the service first.

Regards.
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Anyone else get their Vodafone 3G Data card when it first came to the market.......If so what is going to happen to us when our year is up?

Will we be put on the 5Gb cap or let carry on as we are?

My voice plan hasn't been avaiable for 3 years , and they haven't tried to move off it... so don't think they will with the 3g.....

<- goes back to bit torrent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Dean820 wrote:
    We are already on the 5GB cap, its in the contract. .

I get through about 20Gb a month.............there is no cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FarSide

I get through about 20Gb a month.............there is no cap.

Heh.
    My use has steadily ramped up since last September, and the peak so far was Jan/Feb with 27GB - not a cheep out of Voda about it. I was half expecting a notice asking me to tone it down a bit, but... nothing.

To be fair, though; I've tried to keep it down a bit since then and I do appreciate the new speed upgrade, but that just might tempt me to download more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

FarSide wrote:
    Heh.
    I was half expecting a notice asking me to tone it down a bit, but... nothing.

I was expecting the same...........and if they did tell me to pack it in, i would, but i would also point out the "Unlimited" offer i signed up for.

In any case, us early adopters of technology like this do a lot for business, we are the ones that test the systems and tell our friends abut how good or bad it is, I know i am the first port of call for most of my friends on matters like this, as im sure the rest of you are to your friends.

Advertisement