Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House full of chocolate

• 07-04-2007 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Even though my youngest is in her teens every Easter we still end up with a house full of chocolate that just can't be eaten by any reasonable individual, so a couple of years ago she came up with the idea to turn all her easter eggs into rice crispy buns.
    It's an easy and tastier way to get rid of the all the chocolate that would otherwise be laying around for months after and not half as sickening as full on chocolate eating.

This year I might try something a little more adventurous. I managed to get through a punet of chocolate covered strawberries last night and they were delicious.

Any other interesting ways of converting the annual chocolate haul?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh my God, eat it man!!

That's the bestest way.

Alternatively, send it to my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bout 6 or 7 eggs in this house this year. Doubt much creativity will be needed to get through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Make chocolate cheesecake:

- Melt 100g butter in a saucepan. When it's melted stir in 160g crushed digestive biscuits. Press this into the bottom of a lined springform tin and put in the fridge.
    - Now melt as much chocolate as you want to use up (I'm assuming your surplus isn't more than half a kilo or so!) in a glass bowl over hot water. - Meanwhile beat 750g cream cheese or mascarpone for a couple of minutes with a wooden spoon or electric mixer to soften it. You can add a couple of spoons of caster sugar if you have a sweet tooth. I also usually add vanilla extract and a glug of orange liqueur (e.g. cointreau or triple sec).
    - Mix the melted chocolate will into the cream cheese, spread the whole lot over the base you made earlier, decorate with cocoa powder, small fruit etc, and put it back in the fridge for an hour or 2.
    Total preparation time - about 20 minutes. Certainly no longer than it's taken me to type this out :)

If you want to make it look more spectacular, mix half the cream cheese with the melted chocolate, then spread the dark chocolate mix on the base followed by the white cheese to create a layered effect.

Good luck,
    Bruce

Advertisement