Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washing paint from esternal walls

Options
  • 07-04-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I'm trying to strip any loose paint from the outside walls so I can paint it properly. The thing is ALL paint will come off if you go over it with a power washer and I don't want to waste weeks doing it this way but at the same time I don't want it to look patchy.

Any tips would be appreciated.

^typo that should be external walls, doh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

We just painted the house yesterday, we only scraped off the loose bits of paint arund the area which our power washer took a good deal off.

Maybe stand a reasonable distance away with the power washer and then if paint starts to come off only in certain areas then just scrape off loose bits around those areas. But pretty sure using a power washer aint a great idea, its too powerful.

Meh tried to help:)

Advertisement