Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annestown car chase

• 07-04-2007 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭

How dozy would you have to be to try and escape to the Annestown 'islands' (rocks barely off the coast) when doing a runner from a crashed car - admittedly it was a garda car they crashed into and both went on fire. Apparently they are being rescued by the Cliff Rescue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

From RTE:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0407/waterford.html

Two arrested following Waterford robbery
    Saturday, 7 April 2007 15:45

Gardaí have arrested two youths, aged 17 and 18, following a robbery in Co Waterford.

Two burglars broke into a house at Kilmacthomas at around 11.30 this morning and stole a number of legally held firearms.

Later as they were fleeing in a car, they rammed a garda patrol car head-on. Both cars caught fire after the impact and were destroyed. Nobody was injured.

The youths fled on foot to Annestown beach and swam more than 100m to a nearby island.

Gardaí used a smoke bomb in an attempt to force them to leave.

The youths got into a lifeboat voluntarily this afternoon, and were taken into custody.

Four firearms were recovered during the operation.

Funny that they ended up in Annestown, after robbing a house in Kilmac. Why head south? Where were they trying to escape to? The sea?

I can just see it: "ah jaysus Anto, we're runnin owra laand! swiiim!"

Pair of gowls the two of them. And to think the good people of cliff rescue had to put their lives in danger for such fools. Hopefully now they're being subjected to some "aggressive information gathering techniques" up in Ballybricken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

lol thats what all the fuss was about i thought they were looking for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bloody blowins! Clearly not the brightest, always do your homework and have a good wheelman I say.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Bloody blowins! Clearly not the brightest, always do your homework and have a good wheelman I say.

Mike.

Sorry I was booked up for 2nights job:D :D
    On a serious note they must of done there homework to know there was guns in the house:eek:
    But swimming in april isnt the best idea they ever had:rolleyes:
    Did anyone hear any names:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

17year olds names cant be released I think, but the 18year old will be closer to the court case id assume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Heh. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If a couple of Dub teen scrots were stealing weapons 100 miles from home it suggests they were doing it for a gang.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

How do you know they are from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

said as much on RTE teletext

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

O right i see, as far as i remember it did not say that on the RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just glad that they didn't get away with the firearms, I doubt that they were stealing them to rid themselves of pidgeons or rabbits.
    Says a lot about the country that a Dublin gang 'just happened' to know there were guns in someone's house in rural Waterford. They have a long reach indeed.

Anyway, I would have left the ****ers on the island. One of them could have shot the other for dinner, *****.

Rumor has it these are local lads well thats what the word on the street is how sure are rte there a dublin gang?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well one of the Sunday newspapers also said that they were from Tallagh, there were pictures of the two guys along with the remains of the two cars in it too.

Car Mad wrote:
    Rumor has it these are local lads well thats what the word on the street is how sure are rte there a dublin gang?

When I first saw it on the RTE site, they were reported as being from Dublin. I posted the RTE report a little later, but looking at the post now I see that the Dublin reference had already been removed.

Advertisement