Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Librolaws . Comments and Opinions

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

fullstop wrote:
    Don't be such an idiot. How should it be that if you take more than 15 minutes for lunch your place should be gone:rolleyes:
    If you're going for lunch then have the fúcking decency to take your books, bag and any other personal belongings with you so that someone else can use your seat.

Jesus Christ, every time I go for a cigarette I take my stuff with me.
    It's called common courtesy.

Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

funktastic wrote:
    Are you sure this has been going on for years? I'm in UCD 6 years and I've never heard of this.There's always been loads of complaining about people going off on 4 hour lunches though.

I've never seen this enforced in UCD before. Last summer I'd say there was more places reserved with books and pens, than people actually studying. Its really annoying, especially if you need a plug for your laptop, those spaces with plugs are always reserved.

I have to say I'm in full agreement with this rule. So many people leave their spot unoccupied for hours on end, and in fairness its ridiculous. If someone is looking for a space to study, its just unfair for others to hold-up a seat while they've taken a two hour lunch break.

Yesterday though, there was someones bag and books in the space beside me for four hours while she was off somewhere. The librocop had passed her spot several times but did nothing at all about it. I know there was prob nobody looking to use her seat as the library didn't have a shortage of spaces, but its already showing how lax the system is.

If you're going for lunch then have the fúcking decency to take your books, bag and any other personal belongings with you so that someone else can use your seat.

Jesus Christ, every time I go for a cigarette I take my stuff with me.
    It's called common courtesy.

Idiot.

Amen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Fullstop and arbeitsomething banned for one week for personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

To be honset I think the 30 minute is pretty much perfect. By the time someone comes and puts a note on your desk, waits a good 30 minutes and removes your books you are going to have had about 40 minutes minimum which is loads of time even to go and grab lunch if you want to.

Havn't seen anyone actually moved yet, but one of my friends had a note left on their when gone to breakfast. She was back within the 30 mins though so no probs.

Its def worked on te top floor, there is almost always a spare seat here now, even around 11am when it used to be impossible to get one!

Advertisement