Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Stats Error

Options
  • 07-04-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,
    This has probably been discussed around here a few times but I did a search and can't find it. When I try to check my broadband stats I get an error page. I'm entering the phone number correctly 061-XXXXXX and the correct Account Number but I keep getting an error page. Could someone help me with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

what broadband provider? and what page etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Is this with eircom? If so, you're not missing out on much as they rarely update your stats. Don't forget you need to register before you can check your statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Yeah, it's with eircom. I just got broadband on Wednesday so I just want to check to see how my download usage is so far. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I had the same problem (and actually posted about it here as well, at the time) when I got eircom broadband back at the end of January. I tried checking my download usage after a few days just to see how crazy I'd been with my downloading! ;):D But, just as with yourself, it kept giving me an error that I was inputting the wrong phone number, even though I knew I was doing it correctly. I even tried variations on it just to be sure but no joy.

From what I can gather, it seems that trying to check it so soon after getting connected doesn't work and it's just simply a case of waiting a while until your details get registered on their system properly. After 2 or 3 weeks it started working properly for me.

But, as ethernet said, you're not missing much because it doesn't update regularly. For example, it only updated once in February for me and twice, I think, in March. So it's not an accurate way of keeping track of your usage.

You're better off downloading something like NetLimiter Monitor or something similar and keeping track of it yourself. That's what I did and I've been able to keep track of my usage and stay well within the download cap as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

OKay, I think I'll do that. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement