Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixing on a laptop

• 07-04-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Having a bit of trouble mixing on a laptop - I can preview the mix ok of 2 mp3's, (using "MP3 mixer and recorder", a very simple beast) but when i record my mix i don't get anything, just white noise. This leads me to think i need a proper soundcard, not just the built in one (It's a dell Inspiron 1300)

Any help gratefully appreciated.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

You need an external soundcard for to cue up the next track, ive been using the Edirol UA3d Audio Capture for the last 5 years no probs, cost me an arm with PCDJ red at the time. Ive also tried more modern soundcards out there like the Hercules Mk 1 & 2, theres other ones out there from Beringer. Pc make shouldnt make a difference at all, most inbuilt laptop soundcards wouldnt be up to the standard of purpose built mixing sound cards. You can get the Hercules MK in Argus for around e120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Well I have tried the virtual DJ instead of the other software mixer and that is working for me. Don't know why the other software won't work but i don't care now. Virtual DJ is much better. Thanks for the tip about the other soundcard though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Bradidup wrote:
    You can get the Hercules MK in Argus for around e120

Forget the Hercles, get Behringer BCD3000 - way better...

Advertisement