Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3, What specs do i need to concentrate on when buying a hd lcd for ps3

• 07-04-2007 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just bought a ps3 and want to get an lcd hd to get the most out of it. I dont really want anything bigger than 32 inch as the room it will be in is quite small. Can anyone tell me the specifications that are most important for getting high quality graphics. Maybe someone can recommend a model? Im willing to spend up to €1000 maybe a bit more if its worth it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

panasonic tx-32lm70. €1099, wont be available for another week or two tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Most PS3 games are at 720p so getting a 32" 720p display is within your budget range, Samsung are pretty good value for money the latest gen is the LE32R82B and I think would be a good candidate or the LE32N71B which I have myself and is a great display, the R28 has slightly better contrast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

if you are going to be using it solely for playstation 3. Then i would recomment you get a 1080p tv. However you might have to get a tv bigger than 32 inch - at the moment, they are no 32 inch 1080p consumer tvs available in Ireland. The new panasonic tx32lxd70 can display 1080p but not natively...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Getting 1080p wont do anything for him as;

* PS3 games are almost all 720p
    * PS3 has no scaler so games don't scale to 1080p**
    * PS3 with a 1080p display will drop down to 720p mode for games so full resolution will rarely get used.
    * Finally his budget is €1000 & your not gonna get a 1080p HDTV for that kind of money.

** The PS3 does have a partial scaler of sorts but it was only enabled in dev kits recently and games have to be developed with it in mind & on top of that it is optional so a developer can choose to ignore the scaler altogether. Existing games would have to be re-written to take advantage of the scaler and currently no PS3 games use it.

Advertisement