Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent: Mac connection to Motorola SLVR L7

• 07-04-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

I'm completely new to all this and i need to know if i can connect my Motorola SLVR L7 to my Mac OS X so that the Mac has internet. If so could someone post up how to do it.
    Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I reckon the best way is bluetooth. I could never get a cable connection to work with my v3xx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

culabula wrote:
    I reckon the best way is bluetooth. I could never get a cable connection to work with my v3xx.
    The phone connects using bluethooth, i've done that bit but how do i get an internet connection from it?

OK -which provider are you with? Do you have a data bundle?

culabula wrote:
    OK -which provider are you with? Do you have a data bundle?
    I'm with vodafone but i don't know about a databundle, if it doesn't come with the phone then i probably don't have it

There is absolutely no point then, it will cost you a fortune.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks.
    Out of interest, do some other phones connect automaticly without having to get a data bundle?

You can probably connect all right and begin to run up a stinker of a bill :-)
    I can't speak for all networks but on some data needs to be enabled with or without a bundle.

The best plan is to get the forthcoming USB modem from3, if you can wait, or get a HSDPA-enabled phone from them on contract (LG u830 or RAZR V3xx) and have mobile broadband put on the account as an add-on. The unlimited add-on costs 20 euro a month. Without some sort of a bundle you could spend that in minutes. I once got a bill from Vodafone for 1,400 euro for 3 weeks usage -so beware.

To surf at the moment, you have to input some settings on the Mac.

The 'telephone number' will probably have to be set as office.vodafone.ie and you will probably need a special script for that Motorola in order to connect successfully.

The phone should be set up correctly already.

But Vodafone are very expensive for data, so I don't advise proceeding.

culabula wrote:

The best plan is to get the forthcoming USB modem from 3.
    When does this come out/how does the usb modem connect? do you need a phone line then?
    Sorry for all the questions:o

No, USB modem will contain a dataSIM for which you will pay a monthly tariff.

It is already available as a datacard, which won't fit a Mac. I myself own it, have removed the dataSIM from it and placed it in various handsets. I then connect via bluetooth at reasonable 3G speeds but not the 3,6mb promised by HSDPA, of which the datacard is capable.

I now await the USB modem version which is both HSDPA and Mac-friendly.

As a result, I am online 24/7 *anywhere* and consider the price reasonable for a) this facility and b) Ireland, though am very envious of the Italians who get a bigger allowance for only 19€ a month. The USB modem is out over there already.

Bring it on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement