Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed Before Ma Kills Me!

Options
  • 07-04-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Here's the problem i maybe about to another car meaning there will be five count 'em five cars outside our house two of which are mine '90 Carina '99 Almera and in the drive there is '98 Arosa and '03 Accord, done two oil changes there a week ago and the mam had a canary, oil all over the drive tryed everything to clean it off but to no joy, hence mam not a happy camper:o just wondering does anybody know of a little lock up where i could store and work on a car just one that would fit a medium sized car was thinking of alleyways to the back of houses that is not in use, if it was filled with crap i'd clean it out and pay rent. ie sub €40 pw, been looking in the b&s but to no joy.

So does anybody know of anywhere that would suffice?

-VB-

Oh free services to the land lord of course;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm assuming you mean close to where you live? I'd have a look in local shop windows. Try putting up a couple of ads of your own too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

yea perferably, i live in clare hall in donaghmede so any of the surronding areas although Clontarf / Eastwall / Ballybough / Fairview / Drumcondra, would be fine too.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No suggestions on the lock up but have you tried Jeyes Fluid and a powerhose on the stains on the driveway??

Let it soak for about 20 mins and throw some powder detergent (Daz or some such) on it too

Tryed it, bleach, coke, and scrubing it yelling at it but nothing:o

-VB-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You've got to draw it out of the concrete as it will be soaking in. Sawdust, Cat litter - something like that.

• Advertisement

the oil itself is gone it just left an outline stain, anyway the stain isnt my main worry or the point of the thread looking for a lockup is.

Thanks anyway.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

How did you manage to let the oil spill on the driveway? Its not really that hard to open a bung and let the oil flow out into a basin or bucket cut in half or whatever one uses without spilling it.

Ps: No-one is gonna let you use their garage/lock-up. Have you no friends with garages or sheds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

why not invest in the thingy that suctions the oil up the dipstick, always rember that no matter what your trade is a clean floor = a happy woman an their scarce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

For god sake, the man is looking for advice on a lock up, not on his damn driveway condition.

Max_Damage wrote:
    For god sake, the man is looking for advice on a lock up, not on his damn driveway condition.

Couldnt of put it better myself.:D

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Max_Damage wrote:

haha!!!! :D

so have you tried asking your friends??

Yea i have even asked a few lads in work but there is nothing :(

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

VB there's a brand new spurious bumper ( needs paint) here for a Carina II. You can have it free if you want it?

YEA!!:D :D any other bits ya have? front or back?

Just my luck only changed the sig today, should of done it sooner!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Have you tried scrubbing the oil stains with a warm cloth with a touch of white spirits. Get your friends around to help with the scrubbing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Nuttzy wrote:
    Have you tried scrubbing the oil stains with a warm cloth with a touch of white spirits. Get your friends around to help with the scrubbing too.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks balloba, i'll check these out:)

MaxDamage wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nuttzy

:rolleyes:

I know i seen it too.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Before you do your next oil change get a bag of 'oil dry'. It comes in a bag and consists of granules that soak up oil. But if the oil on your drive is now dry it will be of no help. There is some stuff available that you can pour on the oil stain and then wash off, sorry, but I cant remember the name of it. One of the best things for cleaning dirty engine oil is clean engine oil - but it can lead to a bigger mess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Sound. PM me for details of how to pick it up. I'm in Firhouse, and it's a front bumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Volvoboy wrote:
    Thanks balloba, i'll check these out:)
    No probs. Hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Volvoboy wrote:

Oh free services to the land lord of course;)

:eek:

Advertisement