Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 gprs pc internet connection

• 07-04-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I'm trying to connect to the internet using my mobile as a modem but can't seem to get it working.

I'm using the standard windows dial up thingy using the number *99# or whatever it is (been a while since I tried). I tryed changing things like authentication methods but could not get logged on.

Is there a user name and password I should be using?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There is no username or password. *99# is the correct number. You might need a modem initialisation string. You need to type this into your Modem properties:
    at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet"

Paste the above line into the Extra Initialisation Command field in your modem Properties.
    To get get to Modem properties, go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options -> highlight the modem in question -> select properties -> Advanced.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Thanks for the reply,

I've used that initialization string but I get the error in the attached image.

I tried using the SLIP protocol which seemed to connect but packets are sent or received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Quickest way is to use the software that came with your phone or data card. It'll do all the hard work for you.

Alternatively data support are generally pretty helpful with this sort of thing on 1850601740 (don't ring them now .. ring during working hours - you seem to be just redirected to normal care outside working hours).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

OK try "open.internet" instead of internet in the string. Failing that you probably have to make sure with O2 customer care that you have the ability to use the "internet" access point.
    BTW this is the same fr botha 2G & 3G phone.

Advertisement