Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO questions

Options
  • 07-04-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

How do I change my subject choices? I logged in but there was no option there.

Is everyone getting letters from the CAO asking for their exam numbers, or is it just some?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

You have to pay money if you wanna make changes between February and April. But as far as I know you can make all the changes you want after May 1st without paying a cent. My advice is to wait till then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Ah, I don't think you can change your choices between 1st March to 2nd May.

But, I'm still confused about the exam numbers thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

you can change your choices as many times as you wish after may 1st up untill the last day in june but right now they are getting in the late entries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 derryo

The whole issue of exam numbers and the CAO seems to be quite confusing. Would it not make alot of sense for us to give the CAO our exam numbers when we're applying. So far I haven't heard of them requesting any numbers however.

I have another question about the CAO. My name on my birth cert is a different version to the name that I go by in daily life. I applied to the CAO using my regular name but the school put my other name on my leaving cert. Should I apply toThe Exam Commission to change my names so that it will match up with the CAO or does it matter? I'm afraid that I might not get any CAO offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Are the names quite similiar? i.e. English or Irish versions.
    If so you should receive an automated letter in the post asking you to confirm that it's your CAO application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Change of Mind form comes out in May (I think) and that's free.

Advertisement