Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Outfitters

• 07-04-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else at Urban's Easter Bash on firday? Did anyone actually buy anything? What did you think in general?

On a personal note Neosupervital were great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

They're opening a store in Dundrum....

God help us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

No I wasn't at it. Was it any good? I friggin love UO. It's so expensive though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

zam wrote:
    They're opening a store in Dundrum....

God help us all

A couple of months ago i'd have disagreed but UO has really gone down in recent months. Although...... Its not like it could drag DunDrum down any further.
    JustCoz wrote:
    No I wasn't at it. Was it any good? I friggin love UO. It's so expensive though

It was really average(quiet akin to the store in general recently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Very hit and miss as a store. I've nothing against second hand clothes in general, but a lot of the stuff they have in there, well I wonder would anyone buy it. Their prices on Paul Smith are a bit cheaper than BT though, and I'm pushed to think of anywhere else that stocks Lyle & Scott, so they do serve an important purpose. :) How does one go about gaining access to a "bash"? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bateman wrote:
    Very hit and miss as a store. I've nothing against second hand clothes in general, but a lot of the stuff they have in there, well I wonder would anyone buy it. Their prices on Paul Smith are a bit cheaper than BT though, and I'm pushed to think of anywhere else that stocks Lyle & Scott, so they do serve an important purpose. :) How does one go about gaining access to a "bash"? :confused:

do urban sell second hand clothes?

i wasn't there on friday but i agree that the shop has been going downhill for the last while. used to like the penguin clothing section they had, now it's fairly non-exsistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There was an Easter Bash and *I* wasn't invited?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Bateman wrote:
    How does one go about gaining access to a "bash"? :confused:
    Invites are given out coming up to the the event, I think its down to the discretion of the workers. Theres allways an easter party on good friday so if you just ask about it next year they'll probably give you something like this.
    URBAN.jpg
    Once youve been to one you get email invites after that. Theres usually at least one other thing on during the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Interesting. Might give it a shot next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i was offered an invite but had to turn it down as i am not 18.
    i'll be there with bells on next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Yeah I was there on Friday. Was good enough I thought. It's essentially a PR bash and you cant really complain with free booze etc. Although I think they should have made some more space in the CD section because that got really packed with people trying to get up and down the stairs and to the bar. I didn't buy anything on the night, it was too busy and too much going on to be looking at clothes i thought:) Though I did go back the next day and got a pair of jeans and a sweet Junk de Luxe tshirt

• Advertisement
Advertisement