Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Work

• 07-04-2007 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Anyone been doing any work over easter?
    i took a break last week,will do my desinated work this week, loadsa history exam papers, preparing my home eco junior evaluation, and doing writing my experiements[ have 40 done, so theres 4/5ths or abouts already].no study though
    i plan to start studying at least 1 hour and half[after school study, and if homework has to be done, at home] on mondays ,tuesdays and weds, and 1 hour on thurs and fri , while hour or two on weekend for revision of what was covered in class this week.this will be started on the day we come back

what has everyone else been up to ,jc wise over easter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I did absolutely nothing so far. I'm suprised that the first week is already over. Though, about 20 minutes ago I cleared my desk to make room for the coming flow of work starting this tomorrow night. If there's anything I hate more than study it's forced study (ie. Homework).

Also, I really have to get those experiments done. I've have about 8 of them done. :o Something tells me trying to cover the Science course is going to be a real kick in the arse.

A few things to do in Art too. God I hate that subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

might actaully get some study done after all.going to french revision day course on weds, and science on fri
    full day, but smeh, failed them both in pres,so cant complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

i haven't done anything over the easter but i do after school study for 3 hours a night think i be ok with out studying over easter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Demonic_Scull

The only thing I've done so far is my experiments which I finished a few minutes ago and some religion. I can't believe I wasted a week doing nothing. I plan on getting some maths exam papers out of the way tomorrow and I'm going to do some business in a few minutes. My english teacher gave us a story to write so I should probably get that done soon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I haven't done anything so far, but i'm really not bothered and never intended to do anything. I will try and do some after easter, i know that if i study solid for the week we get off before the JC i'd be able to get all A's just like my brother but i don't want to leave it quite that late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

trogdor wrote:
    I haven't done anything so far, but i'm really not bothered and never intended to do anything. I will try and do some after easter, i know that if i study solid for the week we get off before the JC i'd be able to get all A's just like my brother but i don't want to leave it quite that late

You will have to do a bit more study than that to get all As in the junior certificate. ( If anyone says that they didnt do any study for the junior certificate and just did homework and managed to get all As then they are talking bull).

I studied quite consistently for the junior certificate. Up to the pres I worked my ass off. Around 5 hours study everyday.

After the pres I stopped because I got brilliant results.

April, May started studying again when I felt like it. Studied like crap the week before the junior certificate.

Got 7As and 2Bs all higher level so it was well worth it.

Dont kill yourself either though because it isnt good for you both mentally and physically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Some people may just have fantastic memories. :p My sister got 8 As in her Junior Cert and when I ask her how much study she did she tells me she looked over the book the previous nights. Knowing how smart she is I can half believe it. :o

So far I have managed to write notes for 3 chapters in Business and 7 chapters in Science and look over them. I'm packing it in until tomorrow morning for some more Business, some Science experiments and a good old look over some Geography papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

its only the junior cert, matters nothing, no relavance, waste of time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Waste of time you coming onto this board then, wasn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

trogdor wrote:

I very, very seriously doubt that.
    And, thats coming from someone who got 8A's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I very, very seriously doubt that.
    And, thats coming from someone who got 8A's.
    I know that the christmas exams are completely different from the mocks and JC but just as an example, i studied for 3 days before the mocks and the night before each one. I went from 4 D's, 3 C's, 2B's and an A(85%) in the christmas exams to 1 C(69%), 6 B's, and 3 A's in the mocks. As i said, i will try and do some study before the week off, it's just that i really feel that if i did study solid for that week i would be able to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

tbh each to his own. there are gifted people out there who can ace exams with hardly the min of study required by some to pass,but they are rare

Advertisement