Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearwire problems connecting

Options
  • 07-04-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

spent half the day trying to get brothers broadband connection up and running again

he ran into a problem with some virus emanating from a poker site and since then no broadband

numerous virus scan since and no more viruses detected

pc shows limited or no connectivity,

its not the modem because he can connect to xbox live

tried repair option but pc says cannot renew ip address

typed ipconfig in command prompt, the black screen appeared briefly ( flicker) and then went

when i click on internet explorer the search bar shows connecting to some spurious site

im thinking now it may have been a dialer type virus/trogan which has changed registry entries etc and which is trying to redirect the browser to whatever dodgy site that has been installed

tried system restore but still same

anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

start - run - cmd
    then use ipconfig /all

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

hmm, the title is a bit misleading!!

Goto trendmicro. They have an online pc checker. That should fix it. I had an issue like that before. I had to edit around 100+ details in the registry. Try restarting the pc in safe mode with networking. If that works, then its just a prog in the startup. (start-run-msconfig)

Advertisement