Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best satnav for pocketpc

Options
  • 08-04-2007 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    just wondering what exactly are the options out there for satnav software with full ireland coverage for pocketpc.

I only need the software as I got a built-in gps receiver in my pocketpc.

I know aa navigator have full coverage and was thinking of getting this. uk amd ireland for 120 euro iirc anyone know how much their western europe version is.

but then I hear about tomtom6 with near-complete teleatlas coverage-western europe for 160 euro.

anyway anyone with any advice as to which one might be better value. is the teleatlas mapping anywhere near as comprehensive as navteq now.

what are the other offerings out there for pocketpc:

copilot 7 is recently released- anyone with experience of this.
    and destinator-anyone have this.

any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

I have used Destinator 6 for a year now. They have Navteq maps, so Ireland coverage very good. Destinator 7 is out now but haven't seen any reviews yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

gorm wrote:
    I have used Destinator 6 for a year now. They have Navteq maps, so Ireland coverage very good. Destinator 7 is out now but haven't seen any reviews yet.

thanks gorm.
    where can I get it (just the software). and how much did you pay for it.

is it western europe or just uk/ireland you have.
    and how do you find it in terms of useability, pois, voice guidance, updates etc. also does it have a 3d view option.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

Bought it from Here

and here you can read the forums about it. Found it useful, does 3-D, Voice, POI etc.

Advertisement