Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFI 680i LT NF-680i LT SLI (self install nb heatsink :D)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The SB cooler is better than the NB cooler on their nForce 4 boards :D

Will your Tuniq fit beside the NB cooler? looks a little close

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

The fella who has the board installed the Tuniq and it fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah but he has it installed in an odd orientation (i.e. south to north instead of east to west) Don't like the Quad core overclocking results though, barely 400Mhz FSB. Lets hope its a BIOS issue and not a hardware limitation of the board as eVGA seem to have gotten the C2Q issues fixed since the last revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya also lmrd look at the new 965 baord also mena be geting 500mhz ot of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its a bit of a beast of a cooler, and i cant understand why the heatpipes and fins are posisitioned close to the cpu rather then being onthe opposite side between the cooler and 1st pcie slot. Unless you can add a fan to it. But this really limits your choice of cpu cooler.

Awesome looking board. But as with most dfi boards you need to wait a while before a decent bios comes out.

• Advertisement

a tunqi tower fits with the other cooler on

32.JPG

guys what you think sohuld i go for this or the new 965 or the evga ?

the 965 will most probly give me the best oc with a e6450 since they say it can go upto 500mhz.

but its a infinty and somepart inside me is saying that it sound cheapy and crappy :( but thats jus my brain and im mad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

awhir wrote:
    a tunqi tower fits with the other cooler on

32.JPG

Yeah it fits, but the wrong way. Personally i love my evga board and my dfi. So its would be hard to choose a new board as i have had equal ammounts of trouble wiith both.

Advertisement