Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
  • 08-04-2007 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know when, on average, do first year exams end? Am, i safe to tell them that i can work from the start of june on in a job interview??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah you'll be finshed by june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

June 4th is the official date, or so I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

magic 8 ball- says "don't count on it"

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

don't you think that if you have exams in june that it's a tad unfair that you have to pay extra if your living on campus!!???

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com the worlds largest poker room. Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted. Your credit/debit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy! Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Do you have to pay for the whole month? Was there a figure given to you at the start of the year for the whole year? If so, then I could understand people being unhappy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

dont know exactly if you have to pay per day or per week or month! per day would seem the fairest outta those options but still though...you pay like 3500 a year for your time in college....so the contract should extend for free like if you have an exam in early june!!

Get $75 FREE to use at PartyPoker.com the worlds largest poker room. Simply go to www.partystakers.com?bonus=2426 and use the code PPF75 in the referred by field when prompted. Your credit/debit card details are not required whatsoever if you think it's a bit dodgy! Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

You should get a form within the next few weeks asking if you need to stay on longer for exams. Its charged on a per day basis, something like €40 and apparently [well according to the RA on my block at least] UCD will pay the extra if its for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

SirCretop wrote:
    don't you think that if you have exams in june that it's a tad unfair that you have to pay extra if your living on campus!!???

u wont have to pay, they say u do but u never actually have to!! exams have ran on into june 2 years and ive lived on campus the whole time and ive never had to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

p-nut wrote:
    Hey does anyone know when, on average, do first year exams end? Am, i safe to tell them that i can work from the start of june on in a job interview??:confused:
    i finished on the 11th may when i was in first year!! oh how i wish it was that simple nowdays!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah you don't have to pay - you may be moved out of your own apartment though because they try and move everyone into one or two flats. Well that's what I was told in first year by the head of Merville - times could have changed.

And they don't let you stay for placement - even if you pay.... grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Yeah you don't have to pay - you may be moved out of your own apartment though because they try and move everyone into one or two flats. Well that's what I was told in first year by the head of Merville - times could have changed.

And they don't let you stay for placement - even if you pay.... grrr.
    In glenomena you would have that option :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I thought I saw in the Observer that exam timetables were due to be posted up today. No sign of them tho?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

yeah read that too, but did you actually think admin would be effiecent and do something on time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeah read that too, but did you actually think admin would be effiecent and do something on time:eek:

I can dream, cant I?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

That wouldn't be efficiency that would be competency, and of course not!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

Exams told me that they originally planned to have the timetable available on March 31st but ran into technical difficulties and now it will be the week after Easter, barring anymore difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

exams page says timetable shall be posted on monday 23 april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Well thats a pile of use to people who were booking flights and trying to sort out work :rolleyes:

Ridiculous. You would think that they would have learned how to out together an exams timetable and release it on time by now. The original date was March 31st.

Same on us for accepting this too. Its the same BS and with the release of the results earlier. Would love to see the SU having a right cut at the admin. Demand answers. We are paying for this crap and to mind mind we are not getting value for money. We are due at least on explanation and an apology. Other Universities don't run into these problems so regularly (at least NUI, Galway didn't). What is so special about UCD??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

I wish they'd hurry up! Got an email in connect today saying that the delay is because they are introducing a new system which will "minimise scheduling clashes and overload on students".

Hopefully the exams will be a little more spread out for me anyway, had 3 in 1 day at Christmas!

• Advertisement

Cos88 wrote:
    I wish they'd hurry up! Got an email in connect today saying that the delay is because they are introducing a new system which will "minimise scheduling clashes and overload on students".

Why could that not have been introduced in, say, January? We shouldn't be so accepting of such poor standards of admin.

Anyways, my last year to put up with this crap, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

April 23rd.

Fu cking ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

yeah its absolute bollocks that we gotta wait this long just for the timetable, i have a holiday on like the 29/30th of may and want to know if i can actully go, are the exams usually done in a certain order? like all of first then 2nd...3rd etc? or is it in schools or is it a mix? I'm wonderin since im jsut a 1st year comp sci. If anyone knows when the 1st year exams finish around from doing last years exams would they give me an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Its usually all mixed up. However the sheer fact that 1st years used to have less exams than, say, final years used to mean the 1st years were finished first.

Although this year we final years have far less exams because we've had half of them in December. I'm pretty sure the exam period used to go on for over a month for final years (I remember some friends when I was in 1st year complaining they were still doing exams mid june!! And that was starting earlier in May than we are this year!)

Ive heard from a few sources that we'll all be finished by the 1st June?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Re: Living on campus. There's a new guy in charge of campus in UCD and so if you have to stay there's a charge of €25/€30 a night. I'm pretty sure it'll be enforced this year. You need written confirmation that your exam date is after your lease ends on May 31st, and you have to leave by 12 the next day, afaik. If you think you have it bad with some exams going on until the 2nd, 4th, 5th or whatever, spare a thought for the Meds. Some of their exams run on until the 26th, which means they'd be expected to pay an extra €650 for a mere 26 days. Plus, to extend the lease, it is specified that it has to be a written exam you're extending your lease for. However, I'd expect they're going to have to be a little flexible about that as some people have a viva or two mid-June.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Question - what about christmas repeats? When are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Christmas repeats are scheduled at the same time as the regular Summer exams i.e. anytime up to the first week of June.

This time core exams for individual courses should be spread out as much as possible (compared to Winter).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I want my timetable!!

Shower of fools in that Tierney building!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

elmyra wrote:
    I want my timetable!!

Shower of fools in that Tierney building!
    i hear ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Still no timetable.its so bloody annoying.i hate UCD.Its so unorganised.

Advertisement