Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Exams first and second of june, and just to rub salt into the would they're in the sci building.

Thats right, UCD want me to move out, and then commute to the belfield campus for my exams. What cruel insanity is this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The clowns have left out two of my exams aswell :mad:

to rub salt into the wounds I have two Geography exams on the same day with a 7 hour gap in between them so I've got to sit on my arse around that RDS kip during that time

and to rub even more salt into the wounds I'm starting at 9am on Monday the 14th

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH THE PANIC HAS HIT MEH !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

We've done most of our past exams in the science building, sensibly enough, but this time we're in Blackrock(Which is actually easier for me to commute to).

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Ah yes...so they put all our S1 exams in Blackrock, where we actually go and quite a few of us live, but move us out to the RDS this time around? What the ****?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I have a **** timetable
    2 on 14th
    1 on 15th

then
    1 on 28,29 and 30th :(

Hope they change it and spread it out abit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've 1 on the 15th (Japanese), then one on the 21st, 24th and 28th. Still missing one subject though. So I still can't RSVP for the family wedding on the 31st :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

finished 24th so I'm happy enough, plus no saturday exams :D

feckers fair made it hard enough to see though...when they finally did put it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hmmm all our Irish exams are the wrong length (3 hours not 2) (not that this will help cos our lecturers have made 2 hour papers), they've left out 3 courses i have exams in and scheduled exams for imaginary courses no-one in 3rd irish (or possibly any year of irish has done) I've never even heard of some of the courses.

I wonder what imaginary exam i'm scheduled for.

I also wonder if the admin department can get anything right regards 3rd irish since they also scheduled imaginary exams for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Steibhin wrote:
    Is fcuked up. They have timetabled exams from Semester 1 as well.

Public Policy is timetabled for both 19/05/2007 and 26/05/2007

Looks like this new system is really working out well. UCD Admin strike again..
    are all repaets not in summer now as opposed to autumn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i have 6 finals in the space of 5 days and then nothing for 2 weeks and an exam on the very last day, wtf is up with that i thought the whole object of this was to facilitate a more spread out schedule!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

When I have an exam timetable that has 1 exam on the 14th, 3 yes 3 on the 16th and 1 on the 19th and the grand finale on the 28th, all I can say is that I'm f*ckin glad that I'm not having to repeat my semester 1 exams along with all this rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 robotfridge

This is a joke. I have 6 exams on 5 consecutive days. I start on the 15th and end on the 19th, with 2 exams on the 18th to add a bit of fun.
    Thanks for the help ucd...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

/waits for another mysterious fire in the admin building

All the clumping looks to me like they just made slots for subjects then dumped the remainder in where it would fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

Mine is nice and spread out...

14th, 17th, 18th, 21st + 25th. Only have 5 exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

My exams start kind of late but they are all very close together.One of my modules isnt even listed which is a bit pissing off really considering how long these guys have had to set the exam timetables......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Mine seems to be OK.

15th, 16th, 19th, 24th, 28th, 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

From my inbox:

Once again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the timing of the release of your timetable. The scheduling process has resulted in significantly fewer clashes and a much better spread of examination load for students.

Kind regards

Dr. Sinead Critchley

Director of Assessment

orly-ostrich.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Hmm I always thought it was policy to spread out the exams for those doing finals...as a matter of common decency....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

final commerce, 5 in a row, 29,30,31,1,2

The adv though is that Ive more study time, and they are on campus, though my after exams partying is ruined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Admin is quite obviously made of
    LolCatRenderer-43.jpg
    with this scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

5 exams in 3 days between the 31st and the 2nd June.

I could've done better myself with a magic marker and a masterlist of courses and years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

I really appreciate UCD's thoughtfulness.
    Exams on the 15th, 17th and 18th. Then a nice ten day gap until the 28th, 31st and 1st. You think they could average them out over the ten days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

5 exams over 3 days (1 hour gaps between 2 of them), one then over a week later, guess im heading into the programme office tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

14th, 18th, 19th*3 (9, 3 & 6), 23rd.

3 in a day is a pain, but meh. It could be worse, the 2 hardest ones are 14th and 18th so I really can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

16th, 17th, 21st, 24th, 29th

Can't really complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

elmyra wrote:
    5 exams in 3 days between the 31st and the 2nd June.

I could've done better myself with a magic marker and a masterlist of courses and years. :rolleyes:

oh thats pretty rubbishy, hope your going over to admin tomorrow,doing five finals in in three days is a touch unfair!

mine is actually as nice as an exam timetable can be. only one in any day, spread over the three weeks nicely. I hope it doesnt change!
    course Id a lovely timetable at Christmas and it changed so Ive no expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

5 exams in 2 days, including 3 law on one day

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'll have to commute from ucd to blackrock in an hour and a half on a saturday.
    Must remember to bring taxi fare that day cos there's no way I'm trusting it to the 17 bus.

1) Where on earth it "Oratory (Opposite restaurant) - Graduate School of Business"
    2) What the heck is "Science Bdg Concourse - Sci Edu/Res HUB"

10 exams in 18 days spread out over 4 exam centres... the possibilities for cocking this up are endless.

• Advertisement

the science building concourse is the middle science building, where the main lecture theatres are,

Advertisement