Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

mloc wrote:
    I know at least one science department has threatened to go in-house
    Pardon my ignorance, what does that mean? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I was told today that our year is not going by the admin timetable but the timetable isn't available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

SumGuy wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance, what does that mean? :o

The department will set its exams independant of the exams department. They will hold the exams in their own locations, and use thier own timetable.

mloc wrote:
    The department will set its exams independant of the exams department. They will hold the exams in their own locations, and use thier own timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

My lecturer for one of my two exams that were not on the timetable told us that we do have an exam but the incompetent fcukwits in Exams have not even scheduled our fcuking exam yet! :mad: :mad: :mad: And its probably the same for my other unscheduled subject.
    And of course I emailed then earlier today and have been soundly ignored.... I'd say their inbox is full of thousands of similar hatemail telling them how sh!t they are.

After 2 academic years of modularisaton things have got worse and the sad thing is the same crap will happen next year, they'll get away with it again, our similarly incompetent SU will still be sipping tea and munching scones with them..... there is just no way out of this sham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

curious. I'm doing a pretty obscure module with only about 10 other people and it's on the first day. thought it would be near the end and I'd have loads of time. Any insight into how they choose the days would be interesting!? magic 8 ball?

"After 2 academic years of modularisaton things have got worse and the sad thing is the same crap will happen next year, they'll get away with it again, our similarly incompetent SU will still be sipping tea and munching scones with them....." jonny arson

LOL :D

stolenwine wrote:
    magic 8 ball?
    Outlook is bleak

actually, just looked up the magic 8-ball answers, the semi-negative ones seem quite fitting:
    * Reply hazy, try again.
    * Better not tell you now.
    * Ask again later.
    * Concentrate and ask again.
    * Cannot predict now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Found out the other day that one of my exams is going to be held during lecture time... next Friday. WTF. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

We had 2 core modules and an elective in 1 day and they changed it to having 1 core module instead, thankfully.

Just got an email from a lecturer I had last semester telling us not to worry, and to ignore any mention of the module on the summer timetable.

The exam we did at christmas had been mistakenly put on the timetable for the summer. DUR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Crazy_marble

Schlemm wrote:
    Hmm I always thought it was policy to spread out the exams for those doing finals...as a matter of common decency....

You'd think so...three finals in a row, not just once but twice, not to mention the three other exams I have to sit before that...woohoo

Advertisement