Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high court pending decision on handling of non-EU family members of EU citizens

Options
  • 08-04-2007 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I understand that there are a number of ongoing court cases related to S.I. No. 656 of 2006 — European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006, at least one of them related to the (added) provision that non-EU family members must have previously resided in the EU.

The Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform is involved in the case (I assume they are defending), and I understand (but I am not sure) that they have lost in lower courts. Apparently a decision is due on the High Court case on the 27th April 2007.

Questions:
    1. Does anyone have specific references to the High Court case?
    2. Does anyone have references to the lower court cases, or to summaries of the judgements?

Advertisement