Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overfilling skips

Options
  • 08-04-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

What's the story with this.

I hired a skip from A1 recently. ALL OVER the paperwork it specified not to fill the skip above the waterline. If i did the driver would refuse to collect on health and safety grounds.

I tried to stick to this the the girl in A1 siad that I could go about 6" above the water line without any issues.

HOWEVER every skip i see is stacked high 4 and 5 feet above the water line. Is this an empty threat or has anyone had a skip hire company refuse to collect their skip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It seems to e an emptythreat, I've never heard of anyone having collection refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You can over fill the skip as long as it is well packed and nothing is going to fall off. I got a 5 skips last year and all were above the line but were well packed and all were collected. I seen a driver refuse to take a skip once but that was because it wasn't packed correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It's moreso to do with weight ,the trucks are only capable of lifting a certain weight.

Advertisement