Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Identify an Audi for me.

Options
  • 08-04-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I was on the Naas rd. yesterday evening and was courteously flashed and allowed to join the faster moving lane by an Audi A3. A while later when he passed me I was looking at the car, I think the '02 vintage Audis are very handsome motors, but was baffled by the badge on the back. First, it was definitely badged A3, not S3, and it didn't seem to be as squat and hunkered down as an S3. But on the right side of the boot was a badge that looked like "3.2". My first thought was that someone stuck a badge from an A8 on it but that came with a 4.2 didn't it? Then I thought 32 valves perhaps? Four per cylinder, eight cylinder A3? Still don't think so.

Can anyone shed any light? It was black, '01 or '02 and it left the M7 at the curragh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

It was probs an AUDI A3 3.2 V6 Quattro S line, there are a couple on the UK autotrader website! An '06 one is around €30k over there so probs more like €40k here if you can find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

He's talking about an '02 vintage Mark I A3 though. Now maybe because when I was in the market for my first Mark I A3 back in '98 a 3.2 was so out of my price range that I never paid attention to the models at the top of the range :D.....but.....as far as I know there never was a 3.2 Mark I. Certainly there were 1.8, 1.8T and the S3 but I am pretty sure the Mark II was the first A3 to see the 3.2.

Sounds to me like a silly billy just putting a 3.2 badge on his 1.6 A3.

A few weeks ago I saw a Mark IV Golf with 16in Alloys, otherwise bog standard with a 1.6 badge on the right....oh and a VR6 badge on the left! :rolleyes:

Also saw a Mark V with a Mark III GTI badge front and back.......about 6 months before the real GTI was launched in Germany. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Would there not have been an engine shuffle about with the 02 facelift though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Speaking of badges on the rear of cars,I was on the M50 on thursday evening and I was starting to come alongside a cabriolet with the roof down. It had Lexus type rear clusters,polar blue in colour and as I got closer I noticed a Mercedes three pointed star on the boot and a Kompressor badge to it's right.
    Had to take a few looks at this too make sure I wasn't going mad but they were Merc badges. Now I was thinking there's no way this car is a Merc unless I seriously missed something in their product range. As I came alongside I nearly crashed laughing at this car.
    Now it's common enough to for someone to let on they've a better model of car then they really have. Maybe sticking a GTI badge on a 1.6 Golf(obviously not the present golf) or maybe a red "I" on your bog standard diesel. You get the drift,stay within the cars range of engine types.
    Just don't push your luck like this clown did. The car in question was infact......
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    jamesbolandAstSta616.jpg
    a feckin' Astra.:D :D:D

Hang your head in shame:p :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Was it this Spanner? This one cracks me up every time I see it! DSC00330.JPG

• Advertisement

Stupid question of the day - How do you paste a picture into a reply so you can see it like the post above mine, rather than having to attach it & click on it like I did?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Victor_M wrote:

That's the exact car.:D :D I would've crashed if I tried to get my phone out to take a picture of it. Nice to see photo evidence of it.

I think the picture needs to have a url to get the insert image tab to work like above. Any pics I've uploaded from my pc do the same. You may want to upload the picture onto one of those picture sites like imageshack then you can have urls for all your pics.
    I'm sure someone will come along with a better way of doing it. :)

That car has been mentioned on boards as many times as some of the rare exotics!
    I see it all the time in castleknock, the bird that drives it seems oblivious, she must think she's driving the coolest car on earth with the attention it gets:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Victor_M wrote:
    Stupid question of the day - How do you paste a picture into a reply so you can see it like the post above mine, rather than having to attach it & click on it like I did?
    http://www.imageshack.us/ is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Victor_M wrote:

that's quite possibly the funniest thing i've ever seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement