Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Using Eircom Netopia modem with Esatbt?

• 08-04-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Guys...can you set the Eircom netopia wireless modem up with other broadband providers???...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I tried to do it with Smart Telecom but it wouldn't work. An engineer friend told me that Eircom have their Netopia router factory - set to their own network. I ended up buying a Netgear router with no problems setting things up. I have two Eircom routers up in the attic, just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

Cheers for that Barrett1965.....got a mate who is getting the €35 Esat package and I thought that since the brother got a new modem a few weeks back and he's with Eircom, she could use his old Netopia.....surely there must be some internal reset button!?....If not I'd say there's thousands of dormant Netopia's lying arouns this country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can simply flash the firmware...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I use the eircom netopia wireless modem with BT without any problems. I just use the netopia one cause it has wireless on it (it fell off a lorry one day into my hands). I didnt have any problem setting up, just changed the username and passwords and that was it. I think I may have download the latest firmware from the netopia website also, but can't remember.

I tried using my Eircom router with Smart Telecom, but it didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I tried using my Eircom router with Smart Telecom, but it didn't work.

You should be able to flash the firmware. You must first obtain the generic firmware though, this should be on Netopia's support site. Than apply it as if you were upgrading the router. I've done this before with other devices.

You should be able to flash the firmware. You must first obtain the generic firmware though, this should be on Netopia's support site. Than apply it as if you were upgrading the router. I've done this before with other devices.

Thanks for that Urban. I did everything, escept what you suggest. TBH, I much prefer the Netopia anyway because of it's external antenna. I might revert back to the Netopia if the firmware works. :)

Advertisement