Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New maps for Medion Nav system?

Options
  • 08-04-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember the navigation system that came up in Aldi/Lidl about 1.5 years ago? It was a Medion something or other running on navteq maps.

Anyway, has anyone been able to get the 2006/Q2 maps for it yet? I've been checking out the Medion website weekly for a while now and can't seem to find them.....

Maps are quite old on it and I would like to update them.

I believe Navteq have new maps coming up in May, so perhaps Medion are waiting til then.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AlanD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd be interested in knowing what updates are available too for the
    Aldi sat-navs (I believe the model is the Medion PNA 240).

I found this on the Medion site:
    https://navigation.medion.com/site/int/en/shop/consumer/accessories/1/var/64

but no mention of how recent the map data is.

That medion website is utter rubbish. I really can't make out the map updates at all. I think version5 is the latest, but V6 would have the latest maps, but V6 isn't there. I've emailed Medion a bunch of times but their replies are useless too.

Any chance you could email them?

Anyone been successful and found updated maps?

bump...

really want new map updates but really struggling to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got a PNA150 for €140 from Aria but the mapping is crap so I'm sending it back. I found a whole europe update (2GB) accessible via via P2P but didn't download it for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement

I got a PNA150 for €140 from Aria but the mapping is crap so I'm sending it back. I found a whole europe update (2GB) accessible via via P2P but didn't download it for obvious reasons.

how would anyone know if you downloaded the new maps for it?

i suppose from my point of view, if medion don't have the maps on their website, noone will have them on P2P.

So has anyone successfully updated their maps?

Advertisement