Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent pitch & putt courses in NE...

• 08-04-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and a couple of mates have got the urge for a few rounds of pitch and putt, what with the weather being the way it is. But we're kind of tired of the one near DIT in Dundalk and have decided to try and find a decent one out in the surrounding countryside instead.
    Usual stuff like the phonebook and google have proved fruitless in the search, so I thought maybe some of you on here could suggest a course...I'd prefer it to be close enough to Dundalk, but I don't mind travelling a wee bit further if it's worth the trip.
    Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Well, I don't play pitch and putt, and I have no idea which courses are better than others, but there's one in Collon in Co. Louth and one in Newtown in Co. Meath. The latter's just outside Ardee, although just over the border. There's one in Drogheda too, called Cement Pitch and Putt. Elsewhere in Meath, there are courses in Navan, Julianstown, Kells, Castletown and Athboy, if I remember correctly. Castletown isn't far from Louth either. I think there might be one in Louth Village too and possibly Termonfeckin. As I say, I don't play, so I can't vouch for any of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

have played on the newtown and castletown course's, wouldnt reccomend the newtown one, holes are too close together and all seem to be the same just varying lenghts.

the castletown one is a very good course and would highly reccomend it, some pretty hard holes in it, to get to it you take the kells road from ardee and follow the road till you come to to a sort of y junction, you just peel off to the left and come to a town on a crossroads.

collon is supposed to be a very good course too although i've never played it so dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭broadsheet

Isnt there one at Channonrock next to the pub and another just around the corner in Iniskeen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

broadsheet wrote:
    Isnt there one at Channonrock next to the pub and another just around the corner in Iniskeen.

I like this course, you have to go into the pub to pay green fees.

You park in the yard beside the pub.

Travel out the Carrickmacross Rd from Dundalk untill you come to the turn off for Inniskeen, you ll see the pub on the corner and then P & P course is right next to it.

Isnt there a P & P course in Inniskeen as well.

draffodx wrote:
    castletown
    a town

:D

• Advertisement

europerson wrote:
    :D

technically ;)

great pitch and putt course though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Good stuff folks, Collon sounds good and Iniskeen too for starters...except for the pub bit since I'll likely be designated driver...

castletown is only about the same distance from dundalk as collon and i would reccomend it, it might be a little hard to find though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Played Iniskeen last weekend for the first time in 2 years, well impressed with the new holes & the upkeep of the course, not too far out of Dundalk & well worth a visit imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

The P&P course in Julianstown is fantastic, it's well worth the trip.

• Advertisement

Went looking in the Iniskeen direction today...drove past the one on the carrick road not realising and ended up in the village. We played that one instead. Not a bad wee course but the river is a headwrecker. Good craic though. Defo gonna try the one on the carrick rd over the w/e.

Julianstown...bound to be packed in this weather but maybe one for less fair weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 netpost

Check out Stackallen P&P club.Also a tennis club. Green fees bout €5. Im not a P&P'er but it held the all ireland or something like that!!nice clubhouse too!!!

Where be Stackallen then?

Stackallen pitch and putt is on the Slane to Navan road. I never thought of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Good course, not played P&P in years now, might go out to navan tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RyanIreland

I have to been to newtown pitch and put and joined for the year
    i have just started 3 weeks and i am now down nearly every day
    it is a hard course and is par of 54 shots it takes me 64>I went to
    castle town the other day to try it out its a lovley course but i find it too
    easy i finished the course in 48 shots on my first round of the course

Advertisement