Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you play as and what formation do you use?

Options
  • 08-04-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

So I have to say, I'm trying to get into PES 6 after 5, but I can't seem to find a team that suits my style of play.

I normally like to switch between a 4-1-3-2 and a 4-3-3, but I'm having trouble finding a really good team that works. I like to play with pace and great finishing.

I used to play with AC Milan, as the midfield of Pirlo Gattuso Kaka, with Shev up front, with decent wingers on the side, worked the best, but without Shev, and a reduced Kaka, they just aren't as good.

Real Madrid have no decent wingers.
    Barca have one decent striker, and no really great wingers.
    Inter have no wide men and their central midfield is weak.
    United's strikers are weak
    Arsenal are just poor overall
    Liverpool are lacking up front and on the wings.

So ultimately, I've been left to play with Chelsea, but since Drogba is **** in the game, there is only one decent striker, and only one decent winger, Robben.
    I'm stuck playing with them cause their midfield is fantastic, Robben is great, and Shev is there. But the weakness means I'm playing SWP just cause of his pace, and playing Joe cole as a SS, which I don't like, I'd rather another out and out striker.

Is anybody else having real trouble finding a good balanced team?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I use Liverpool ;)

Play a straightforward 4-1-3-2 - in midfield thats a DM,CM,LM,RM

The key to it is the strong co-operation lines between Liverpool's back 4. Consequently a high defensive-line plus an agressivley performed offside trap works a treat, esp agaisnt the likes of Inter / Barca.

Alonso sits in front of the back four, and from that position he / I can comfortably ping the ball off anyone in the back 4 or midfield. I think a DM is essential against the players in PES6 - anyone disagree ?

Gerrard at CM, naturally, to take full advantage of his shooting boots and passing range.

I agree with what PHB says above about Liverpool's wingers / strikers. They're not great, so the key is to play to their strengths - I don't use Kewell / Garcia as out&out wingers, I tuck them inside a little (fullbacks overlap) and make use of their passing and shooting.

Similarly upfront, Bellamy is fast, so he gets a high positional line, while Fowler has a wonderful first touch so he drops deeper closer to Gerrard for the one-twos.

Overall, it a nice setup thats builf from the back towards the front, with the emphasis on catching the more attacking teams on the counter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I play as Liverpool in a kind of 3-1-2-2-2 I edit the positions myself its basically 3 CB's, 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 Wingers who are techinically forwards but they are just on the edge and then 2 strikers.

I play Carra, Agger and Finnan at the back and then Hyypia comes in when I need him.

I play Masherano or Sissoko as the DMC and Gerrard and Alonso as the CM's

I put Pennant and Riise out on the wings as the 2 of them are great at crossing and have pace.

Then I put Crouch for his height and either Kuyt (for headers) or Bellamy (for pace) to play alongside him depending on who I am playing.

Its a nice setup and it has been working perfectly since I started using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Random play as is.

Hammers are the only team i change push Benayoun up and change hi to AMF and thats it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PHB wrote:
    Barca have one decent striker

I disagree. Just finished playing the league with them. 35 goals from Eto'o, 27 from Eidur. Not a bad return.

Offline, I play with Barca. Drop Xavi, move Deco into Xavi's position and Ronaldinho into Deco's. Then Gudjohnson plays on the left. Marquez into DMC, Edmilson dropped and Thuram in at CB. Retain default formation.

Online, I use Milan. Against Inter/Barca/Brazil I play 5-3-2, with a little tweaking. Otherwise I just use default formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

I use something that hasnt been seen since the 70's - sexy football lol joke. No but theres some truth in that as i use a system that was nearly the 4-4-2 of its day. Might try a 2-3-5 next but ill have to go 2 sweepers i reckon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I usually play with Valencia. Normally:

Canizares
    Miguel-Ayala-Marcena-Del Horno
    Joaquin-Baraja-Albelda-Vicente
    Villa-Morientes

But sometimes I'll play Silva instead of Baraja, as an AMC.

Lyon are good for a 4-3-3. Malouda and Govou with lots of pace. Fred is woeful up front though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I hate using the brilliant teams.

I use Nantes. Diallo up fron on his own. Amazing at headers. Boukari as AM.

Then, the star man. Wilhelmsson on right/left wing.

Much more interesting than Chelsea/Milan/Inter/Madric/Barca... etc etc.

I have been noticing lately that some teams seem to have more luck (AI controlled support) its more evident when someone picks a much better team than you for example barcalona against your ajax or *******cos. You'll see them driving easy chances into row z and the star players having low condition. maybe a huge coincidence but im beginning to think not. Its a fairly random game after all.

why is o.l.y.m.p.i.acos censored?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

*******cos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Online, I play Inter, I tried being different and pick a different team like Sevilla but there just not good enough and i lose so i reverted back to Inter because everyone else uses them, i play 4-2-2-2. Straight back 4, 2 DM's, 2 WIDE wingers pushed up as far as they can go before becoming strikers, and 2 strikers. I also adjust the attacking, defence of each team and occasionally may drop a DM for another defender if i'm strugglign at the back.

As for Barca not having good wingers, what hell is wrong with MEssi and Ronaldinho on either wings? There the best in the game. Inter have Figo and Stankovich. I learned especially since playing online that there are far more things to do in pro evo 6 apart from dribble with wingers, i never hold on to the ball for more than 3 touches now and it's increased my success rate to 60 odd %

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I disagree. Just finished playing the league with them. 35 goals from Eto'o, 27 from Eidur. Not a bad return.

Eidur is ok, but doesn't have the finishing skill, he is more of a link up player than anything else.
    As for Barca not having good wingers, what hell is wrong with MEssi and Ronaldinho on either wings? There the best in the game. Inter have Figo and Stankovich. I learned especially since playing online that there are far more things to do in pro evo 6 apart from dribble with wingers, i never hold on to the ball for more than 3 touches now and it's increased my success rate to 60 odd %

Well, Messi is **** in the game. Aside from dribbling, his stats are woeful. Ronaldinho is fine, but he doesn't have blistering pace either.
    The best wingers in the game are Robben and Ronaldo imo.

I do have an understanding of the game :) But pace is important for latching onto through balls and for beating players, which makes a difference when playing somebody decent.

Chelsea are growing on me, but to be honest, Drogba's lack of finsihing is realy pissing me off. I might give Barca another shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Eidur is a good finisher I found his serious downfall is his lack of pass. It really held me back considering Eto'o and Messi will outrun pretty much any defender. Messi isn't that bad at all in the game apart from finishing, everything seems to go just wide of the far best when you shoot across the goal. I just resorted to feinting and side stepping the keeper.

As to that Greek team being ***** it's because there is a venue in Dublin with almost the same name that is an MCD venue and because of that you can't use that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i enjoy beating people with newcastle united.

completely underestimated team, i play

Given
    Carr Bramble moore babayaro
    Solano Parker/Dyer Duff
    Owen Ameobi Martins

with solano on the right, solid and talented, duffer's pace and skill on the left, and the lethal pace and striking of owen and martins and a target man in ameobi i find scoring goals with newcastle to be fun and enjoy piecing together moves.

if i dont use newcastle (which means im bored of newcastle or someone is using a 5 star team) i might switch to inter,real madrid,valencia,ac milan,man utd,chelsea

all of the above teams have more than enough talent

Man U i would play 4-3-3 attacking
    Chelsea the same with SWP our right hand striker with ballack playing right mid threading balls through
    AC and Inter i normally play 4-4-2 as the strenth is in their midfield.
    Real Madrid i play 3-4-3 C1 which i bring robinho in for pace and ronaldo for finishing.
    valencia are 4-3-3 in my eyes, so many great attacking players

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Play as Ireland with the default formation, swapping out Joey O'Brien for Finnan and Andy O'Brien for Duff. If I'm chasing the game I'll go to a flat back three at the back and play the extra-man in behind the front two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote:
    Real Madrid have no decent wingers.

If you stick Reyes and Robinho out on the wings, put Ronaldo up front with Van Nistelrooy...Leave Becks in midfield (for the freekicks alone) with Diarra/Emerson.
    PHB wrote:
    United's strikers are weak

Play Smith up front, Drop Rooney into midfield with Scholes
    PHB wrote:
    Arsenal are just poor overall

Play Hleb and Babtista on the wings, Toure and Gallas are strong enough and pray Henry is on a yellow/red arrow. However The ratings that Van Persie and Fabregas have are ridiculous. Kevin Kilbane is a better player in PES then them!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, some of the ratings are stupid, but you gotta work with them.

Reyes is ok, but Robinho isn't a winger. While he has pace, his crossing is ****, and that makes a big difference.

Smith and Saha are just not good enough as strikers in the game, too many chances missed for no good reason.

Arsenal are lacking a decent central midfielder who has high passing stats.

I've started playing as Barca, and using Saviola and Eto up front. Saviola has blistering pace, which is nice, and decent enough finishing.

I've been going with

Valdes
    -Puyol---Thuram--Marquez---Zambrotta-
    Xavi

--Messi
    Deco
    Ronaldinho-

Eto
    Saviola

and it seems to be working, but to be honest, the chelsea team of

Cech
    -Ferriera---Terry--Carvalho
    Cole-
    Ballack

--SWP
    Lampard
    Robben-

Shev
    Joe Cole

Seems to be working better, just because of Robben, he is the major threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

rapp wrote:
    why is o.l.y.m.p.i.acos censored?

I think you'll find it's to do with a venue in Dublin that we're not allowed talk about. Nothing to do with soccer so don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

*******kos *******kos *******kos

I like Man U for clubs with a 4-3-3. Ronaldo,Giggs, Rooney up front. O'Shea, Scholes and Park in midfield. The defence is solid with big Rio at the back.

Countries I like Sweden or Czech Republic. I usually go 3-4-3 with both of them. Zlatan on his own though as a striker is good enough with his unbelievable dribbling

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Countries I like are Nigeria(4-4w-2) and Argentina (4-4d-2)
    Clubs I like are Arsenal (4-1-3w-1-1), Real (4-4w-2) and Lyon (4-3w-3w).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

I just use the ol 4-2-2-2 i dont like the 3 upfront makes it too easy to score i think just boot it up there to star striker

van der sar
    --G neville-- Rio.F---Heinze---Evra
    Carrick

Scholes

Giggs
    C ronaldo

Rooney

Saha

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

I play as either newcastle. seriously underrated except there defence is pretty awful but matins is a goal machine. With duff , owen ameobi , even luque is decent .

The other team i think are excellent and really enjoy beating ppl with are Uruguay. Carini in goals is good, wingbacks are are savage . Central mids are defenisive but good. Attacking mid olivera is solid but Forlan on slightly left forward , Zalayeta as main striker and bring Recoba on the right wing pinging balls into the box. Recoba imo is one of the great players in the game.

Advertisement