Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB & Talk?

Options
  • 08-04-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I signed up for a service advertised at 40euro a month(now showing at 35 euro) including VAT...now maths isn't my strong point but 2x40=80?? so could someone explain how this bill dated 3/8/07 which I only recieved today 4/8/07 works out..

BT internet charges 86.78
    line rental 39.96
    discount recieved -23.44

total charges including
    VAT @20% 124.99

this is my third bill, last being 104.33 and the phone is never used for calls:cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

PM me the three bills and I will attempt to calculate it for you .

the first bill shoulda been highish but not the rest, BT billing is crap .

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Sponge Bob wrote:
    PM me the three bills and I will attempt to calculate it for you .

the first bill shoulda been highish but not the rest, BT billing is crap .

PM sent...1st bill was actually the lowest, didn't include line rental!

BT Bills are as clear as muck and never seem to get clearer. They create so much work for themselves the fools.

The oddity is that the Internet charges bity went up in bill 2 and in bill 3 as if you were going from 1mb to 2mb to 3mb in that time.

you second bill has 4 months line rental ( 79 line service charge ex vat) while the first has no line rental or bb but appears to be for a wireless router only .

I suspect bills one and 2 are correct bar the 4 month line rental oddity and if they sent you a wireless router but I cannot understand bill 3 unless you are on 3mbits .

I have pm'd you the name of their cs head , ask for a detailed breakdown of what all these charges are and for what period they apply.

Someone on 1mbit and no calls out of their free ones to landline should be billed no more than €90 every 2 months from bill 2 onwards .

the bills are as clear as Muck , as usual.

Thanks for that... been on 2mb form the start, no wireless router:cool:

If there is no wireless router I cannot understand bill number one either :(

They may not have applied your online billing discount either, log in to the online yoke and tick it .

What a shower of muppets, other carriers have really clear bills and you know whats billed for in advance and whats billed for in arrears etc . They create so much uneccesary CS work for themselves the eejits.

Bill number 3 deffo looks too high , BB and Talk is €40 a month so it should been €80 .

Bills one and two can be oddly high as they frontload line rentals and bb and charge arrears for part billing periods and for the router and the install charge but it settles down by bill 3 , your bill 3 is higher than 3mb BB and Talk.

The bill does not state what package you are currently on, that would be a help if BT had a feckin clue. Yet I see no calls on it :confused: as you said.

Tell us how it goes with herself .

• Advertisement

Regarding bill 3, it's yet to be debited from my account so it's roughly a month late, could it be a case of the 2 months plus the extra month(tho the bill is dated 8/3/07?) I did ring one of their people midweek and she seemed no wiser as to why I hadn't been sent a bill or been "billed" for the period:cool: said she'd send me a paper bill but hayho I get an online bill today:rolleyes: ....anyway I've mailed the address you gave me, it's wait and see if I get any comeback!

Sponge Bob wrote:

Tell us how it goes with herself .

Got a call back saying the extra charge is for the modem? letters were sent out to everyone about it not being free blah blah blah...she says I wasn't charged on the 1st bill?? all sounds very spurious:cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

BT are a complete shower. Both my sister and my parents recently signed up to BT and they are getting completely ripped off.

My parents (who are retired and therefore should get free line rental) signed up to BT Total Talk + BB 1mb + wireless router. Their first bill should have been about €120, it was €289!!!!!

My parents nearly had a heart attack, €289 would normally be their telephone bill for the entire year!! My dad has been contacting them for the last two weeks about it, each time they tell him that the credit department will call him back to sort it out, but they never have.

It is a disgrace, if someone took €160 off an OAP it would be called theft and the person would get jail time. With BT it is just a billing "mistake".

My sister had a similar experience, signed up for the same package, first bill was too small and second bill was €60 too much (after they added what they forgot from the first bill).

Again she got the run around from BT, eventually got the €60 credit and cancelled her Direct Debit with them.

I simply can't understand why BT can't sort out this billing, after the massive bills both my sister and parents received, they were ready to cancel BT and go straight back to Eircom. BT are just hurting themselves, as my parents and sister have now gone and told all their family and friends about the terrible experience they had with BT and not to touch BT with a ten foot stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

I've had three bills for the same service (2mb BB+Talk), and none of them have made a whit of sense. However when I add up the amounts, it works out about €20 less than I should expect using my 'simple' technique of addition.
    Their insistance on showing the rentals separately, then adding on a discount for your line rental, and subtracting the previously carried forward year, working from the last fiscal........uh......:confused:

Anyway, if it's any help, they seem to bill for the line rental into the future, but calls retrospectively, so the billing periods on the two parts of the bill will be different.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Threads like this should be made a Sticky called 'Prospective BT customers beware!' They have been been behaving like this for years and really no recommendation for them on boards should be made without the prospective customer being directed to threads like this. If they had the best and fastest bb in the world it would not make up for the incurable incompetence!

• Advertisement

I agree with Dub45. BT billing has been a disgrace for 10 years ( when they were called ESAT) and deserves a sticky until someone sorts it out ....and because of all the lies BT has told over the years stickied for another 6 months afterwards for luck.

has anyone tried the escalation department complaints@btireland.ie email address. forgot that earlier .

Advertisement