Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get old fashioned sweets in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

In the Omni shopping centre there is a little sweet stand and the sell all the old type sweets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

Waverley Confections do all these www.waverleyconfections.com - no affiliation - had the chocolate satins they were delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

There is loads these shops around the place now , anybody know of any with old school prices as well and not the ridiclous prices they seem to charge for a few sweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

they seem to charge for a few sweets?
    €2 type shops are usually cheapest, but some of them are not even that cheap when you look at the price of normal bars on offer these days. Like I had been getting 5 twix's for €1.25 in tesco for a good while.

A lot of these places are charging over €10 per kilo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I've been looking for sweet shops for a while now (in particular ones thta have brown chocolate mice) and here are the ones I've found in Dublin:
    Mooz Milkshakes - think that's it, it's 3 Aungier Street and it's pink with stripes on the outside
    Happy Pills - Temple Bar beside the bank (I think that's it, not sure though). It's pink on the outside
    The Sweet Life - George's Arcade
    Clearys have a sweet stall thing just inside the door, I've seen the sweets on the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JohnBroderick

leinad wrote: »
    Waverley Confections do all these www.waverleyconfections.com - no affiliation - had the chocolate satins they were delicious

I wouldn't reccomend them to my worst enemy:p
    Much better around nowdays.
    very expensive for the poor quality they produce.

Just my 2c's

Advertisement