Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Build - Opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Looks awesome!! I'll be building in about two months so Im just mooching around other peoples builds on these forums. Looking forward to hearing what the experts around here have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

looks v.nice - one thing, the g7.. i've heard bad things about them. they're supposed to be unreliable etc, dying within months, just being faulty..

then again, only what i've heard. i use a mx518 myself and find it great.

ps, your sig is WAY over teh limit ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the G7 myself myself and its grand. They only thing that annoys me sometimes is when I am transferring large file between my PC and Laptop via my wireless router it does become slightly unresponsive, but thats just due to the heavy wireless traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I'll change my sig now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You could probably save alot on it.. but if you have the money go for it!

What games do you play? What other than gaming do you use your pc for?

Out of curiosty how old are you?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

you have 4gb of ram selected doubt you'll need it. i could be wrong though. just in case you really wanna save a lil.
    try www.hardwareversand.de most parts are cheaper and some are ALOT cheaper. look at the pic i posted for examples. its almost the same build as yours minus a mouse and a case for 650 cheaper i think you could buy a pretty nice case and mous and mat for that oh and head set.

Is that site used much by other boardees?

DeafVision wrote:
    You could probably save alot on it.. but if you have the money go for it!

What games do you play? What other than gaming do you use your pc for?

Out of curiosty how old are you?

World of Warcraft
    Battlefield 2,2142,SF
    Half Life games
    Unreal
    and others

I'll be using it to make movies, frapping, sound recording and editing.

16, I've been saving for quite a while so I'm open to options to save some money lol.

As for that German site I am unsure as to whether it is reliable or not? (Also, can't understand much hehe)
    EDIT: Just saw English option lol, owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

get a crosair,tangan,seasonic,enermax psu dump that thermaltake.

How much have you saved?

Dont think im trying to down you or anything but to save over 2500 when your 16 is amzing unless you have a job?

I was building a pc and I didnt have job.. my budget was 1400.. now I have a job its just 2000.. I only need to buy my graphics card and cpu now!

Im doing the exact same things as you! (making game movies?)

Im 18

Theres alot you could save on! Why arent you keeping your current keyboard and mouse etc? (not main pc parts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

My only comments are these:

Have you checked out compatiblity between all the components?
    Are you sure of Vista drivers for all the hardware?
    Are you aware of the 4GB memory 'issue' with 32bit Vista? I mention it becasue I don't think Vista Home ships with the 64-bit DVD.
    And lastly, have you checked out pricing on other sites - dabs.ie or memoryc.com for instance - might save you some moolah.

Before you spend, there's a thread on boards here linking to a site which give 20th April as a date for Intel and AMD to cut processor prices by up to 40%. If you're not in a massive hurry, you could save yourself a few quid - if it happens of course.

Otherwise, very sweet build. A lot of those saem components are going into my own build soon!

Well done on the saving and I hope it all goes well for you.

well i've seen a few guys have bought from them without difficulty. i'm gonna buy a monitor from them. there site is well maintained and they have a good email notice system. so they seem to know what they're doing. only problem, if you can call it that, is you have to pay via bank transfer. thats normal for most german sites and this i have experienced and it is not as difficult as you might think. especially if you have already got internetbanking. you just click the transfer money button. and for a 20-30% saving it's definatly worth the trouble.
    Also you dont need 4GB it'll be a waste of money IMO. 2 is more than enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

You really do have to research alot about each component and it's compatibility have a look at newegg.com the user reviews are good at seeing what kind of issues arise from different components then cross reference that to what you intend to build. Which is what I shoulda done it's no guarantee but it helps.
    I wasn't detailed enough in my assessment and I have an irritating problem at the moment as a result so look deep and take your time.
    I think the G5's are fine and a little cheaper
    The Raptor will make a good bit of noise just so ya know
    But the build look pretty cool

yeah research is a must especially for RAM. i was looking for ages for mine and came accross a review for GEIL pc6400 2gb sticks on OCUK that said he had a good experience with em on his DS3 . I had already purchased a DS3. So now it turns out that it is actually one of the best sticks for it even though it mightn't work as well with other boards. And RAM that works great with alot of boards ,say OCZ, dont work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DeafVision wrote:
    How much have you saved?

Dont think im trying to down you or anything but to save over 2500 when your 16 is amzing unless you have a job?

not that hard...

Im 15 going on 16 and i'll well have blown >2k on my build. never worked a day of my life ^_^

How do you get the money then? :eek:

Im working fulltime this summer and I'm struggling to come to reason with spending 2000 euro on a PC. Kinda get that odd feeling in my stomach when I contemplate spending all that money. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How do you get the money then? :eek:

Im working fulltime this summer and I'm struggling to come to reason with spending 2000 euro on a PC. Kinda get that odd feeling in my stomach when I contemplate spending all that money. :confused:

He pimps himself out.

The ginger slag that he is ;)

Anti wrote:
    He pimps himself out.

The ginger slag that he is ;)

The ginger shall inherit the earth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The ginger shall inherit the earth :)

Not on my watch mate. No daywalker shall ever inherit anything. Apart from herpes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

gingervites(as seen in southpark)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

i have a g7 myself, its perfect as long as you have the second battery charging while using the other one.

get the nzxt lexa case instead, it looks teh sex :P

I have the MX518 one and I find it great!

Its cheap now at around €40 I bought it for €65

Don't really like the lexa. Love the guardian though :p

Advertisement