Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ye all will be fine!!!!!

Options
  • 08-04-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey ya!!!
    i can't believe its a year since the leaving for me, i was the same as all of you.....freaking out over the leaving :eek: on what i shud do to prepare and
    wondering if i was gonna fail or pass....its the worst thing in the world......bth i didnt do anything for the leaving bt exam questions exam questions and more exam questions and got mi first choice in cork (business) got d 400 well over n above....i cried after most exams thinking i did ****e it all turned out grand and i have exams in couple weeks and i am really not freaking out bout them for the 1st time EVER!:D
    i also stayed in for the previous 5 weekends before the leaving cert started coz i noticed it takes nearly 3-4 days to recover plus talking about all the things that happened dat night wid yer friends.....so i just sacraficed those couple of nights and it was only 5 night so it wasnt like i was missing my whole life bt it was worth it in august when i got the results...sum of my friends went out the sat nite b4 leaving 3 days before and are bac doing it again not saying it was the sat nite but i don't think it helped!!:rolleyes:

neways hope this helped some bit!!!
    Katie;)
    XxX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I'm in first year college, I definitely think it's better to sh*t yourself and work hard for the leaving. I was sh*tting myself and therefore worked hard and therefore got good marks. I would tell you that everything's gonna be all right, but unless you put your back into it then everything is not gonna be all right!

Don't go killing yourself but don't take a back seat either. Better to be a swat than a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hey ya!!!
    i can't believe its a year since the leaving for me, i was the same as all of you.....freaking out over the leaving :eek: on what i shud do to prepare and
    wondering if i was gonna fail or pass....its the worst thing in the world......bth i didnt do anything for the leaving bt exam questions exam questions and more exam questions and got mi first choice in cork (business) got d 400 well over n above....i cried after most exams thinking i did ****e it all turned out grand and i have exams in couple weeks and i am really not freaking out bout them for the 1st time EVER!:D
    i also stayed in for the previous 5 weekends before the leaving cert started coz i noticed it takes nearly 3-4 days to recover plus talking about all the things that happened dat night wid yer friends.....so i just sacraficed those couple of nights and it was only 5 night so it wasnt like i was missing my whole life bt it was worth it in august when i got the results...sum of my friends went out the sat nite b4 leaving 3 days before and are bac doing it again not saying it was the sat nite but i don't think it helped!!:rolleyes:

Katie;)
    XxX

Do you not remember how annoying & unhelpful people who talked like this were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Three years on and the you'll-be-fine attitude some people have still drives me demented... seriously. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I give this thread 0/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

hey ya!!!

Katie;)
    XxX
    I suppose if you got over 400, who knows what someone of even average intelligence might be capable of getting....

Thanks for the reassurance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Jeez lads she's trying to be friendly and re-assuring....LETS GET HER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

well if yer all gonna be like that- forget it......:rolleyes: and by theway i was the c/d student all through school so i was actually below average.....i got advice last year from this forum saying pretty much what i said......u didnt find it helpful? sorry i'll just go and get the answers for the leaving cert 2007 there for ye :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Any other LC students ever find themselves dreaming in class about somehow finding every LC exam that you will be faced with in June. How amazing would that be. Probably me and my overactive imagination. :D

Ah don't mind em, it's all crank crank crank round here these days. Well done with your points, its relieving to know that its possible to do well without giving it all I've got/studying my ass off. :)

Rozabeez wrote:
    Ah don't mind em, it's all crank crank crank round here these days. Well done with your points, its relieving to know that its possible to do well without giving it all I've got/studying my ass off. :)

Thanks!!! at least sum1 realizes i wasnt tryin to be a kno it all.....gud luck in the exams.......PROVE THE TEACHERS WRONG!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

Prove the teachers wrong how?

"Jimmy, you should get an A1 in the end" - Maths teacher
    "Jimmy, you've got an A in this and I've no doubt you'll get an A in the real thing" - Irish teacher after giving me my mock back.

ARROGANCE FTW!

*slaps JC 2K3*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

*hi fives JC2K3*
    Hell yeah I can do well in the leaving without killing myself, I got 535 in my mocks without killing myself, and that's without the A1 I'm hoping for in my app maths mock (not corrected yet). And I'm really happy that I can do this, but I don't go around giving advice to everyone to "take it easy" because although I personally can get away with just staying focused in class time and little else, not everyone can. I will never give anyone advice on "how much work" they should do because it depends entirely upon that individuals abilities, methods and aims.

oh, and arrogance FTW. If you can pull off having arrogant expectations and continuing to be right (I can) then go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Prove the teachers wrong how?

"Jimmy, you should get an A1 in the end" - Maths teacher
    "Jimmy, you've got an A in this and I've no doubt you'll get an A in the real thing" - Irish teacher after giving me my mock back.

ARROGANCE FTW!

Teachers expectations are far too high these days :rolleyes: ;)

Well I was bored, so I decided wtf I may as well make an attempt to read that incoherent, paragraph/indent/structure-less jumble of words.
    My response:

GEE U ARE SO NICE. I WUV U. TANKS.

ZorbaTehZ: respect +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

hmmmm... got 580 without working at all... was fantastic....

...then uni happened....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

You're all asshats! haha, she was only trying to help.

Nehpets wrote:

Such a lovely guy/gal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

and by theway i was the c/d student all through school so i was actually below average..... :rolleyes:

Just in case anyone reading this gets the wrong idea...a C/D student 'is' the average.
    It's the people who yabber on about lots of 'A's that are not average.
    There is nothing wrong with being a C/D student if that is trying your hardest.

• Advertisement

Nehpets wrote:

Agreed, unfortunately it's our nature as humans to s**t on those we consider lower down than us.. It's the nature of many intelligent humans, anyway, has to be for us to succeed in our area of work. It was a nice gesture from the OP, a little hard to believe it came from a 400 pt business student though, WIT is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

md99 wrote:
    Agreed, unfortunately it's our nature as humans to s**t on those we consider lower down than us.. It's the nature of many intelligent humans, anyway, has to be for us to succeed in our area of work. It was a nice gesture from the OP, a little hard to believe it came from a 400 pt business student though, WIT is it?

who the hell do you think you are to make such a generalisation liken that. i got high in my mocks but i would never look down on somebody who is a c/d student, my best friends are these kind of students. i think its a disgrace that you think you can look down on somebody that you consider to be lower than you. you may have got higher than them in your mocks but i can guarantee you that they are much higher than you in many different areas. dont bother posting back one of your stupid comments about my spelling because im sickened of your ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

finally boger makes a good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Rozabeez wrote:
    Such a lovely guy/gal.

Out of curiosity how many guys do you know called Katie?

md99 wrote:
    a little hard to believe it came from a 400 pt business student though, WIT is it?

Well if you read the post correctly, you would have noticed that i was in cork-(UCC actually) and whats wrong with WIT anyway i know people there and they find it a brilliant college. oh and lets not forget you have'nt even done your leaving yet! don't get so cocky......your full of it its disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

boger wrote:
    i think its a disgrace that you think you can look down on somebody that you consider to be lower than you.
    umm, does anyone else see how pointless that sentence is? why the hell wouldn't you look down on someone if you consider them lower than you...
    boger wrote:
    you may have got higher than them in your mocks but i can guarantee you that they are much higher than you in many different areas.
    whoa, you seriously think that everyone is equal don't you? You seriously think that where some people fall down in areas, they have redeeming features in other areas? always? wow, that is truly quite amazing. I salute you for your optimism.

Well if you read the post correctly, you would have noticed that i was in cork-(UCC actually) and whats wrong with WIT anyway i know people there and they find it a brilliant college. oh and lets not forget you have'nt even done your leaving yet! don't get so cocky......your full of it its disgusting!

:mad: uhh, I do NOT look down on WIT people... It's probably my fault for the way I've written that, I wrote in a hurry, the 'WIT' part was a genuine question (not an attempted insult ffs), WIT was originally one of my own choices so why would I look down on it now... I hate how quick someone would jump to the conclusion that I'm looking down on WIT ... After all, how would the comment have been meant in a sarcastic tone when WIT is considered one of the very top places in Ireland for business degress...

as regards your lingo, what do you expect, to make a topic and write like that and not get a few digs? grow up...

I won't bother responding to bogers illegible drivel, but for anyone else who may have been offended by my words, just to clarify...

What I said was if you cared to read correctly and not just jump to (false) conclusions, it is HUMAN NATURE to do this (look down on others, consider others lower etc), I didn't say I did it myself or looked down on the OP/anyone else... I don't, notice how I said those who CONSIDER others lower down... Those who 'consider', meaning that a person may think this of others - that doesn't necessarily make it so. By saying its human nature I by no means included myself as one of the main propietors...

A psychologist/doctor may be aware of the symptoms of a disease/illness, does that mean they've got the illness themselves?

I'd like to thank cocoa for not jumping to the same silly conclusion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

this is a board 4 asswipes. I dont need my asswiped thank you.

• Advertisement

Steve01 wrote:
    Out of curiosity how many guys do you know called Katie?

It was directed at whoever had posted before me...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement