Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ye all will be fine!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

Steve01 wrote:
    Out of curiosity how many guys do you know called Katie?

who said i was a guy???? don't be fooled by my username.....its a "username" afterall!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

There was just slight confusion....this thread is getting out of hand.

Everyone, Boger/md_99 in particular, hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

md99 wrote:
    :mad: uhh, I do NOT look down on WIT people... It's probably my fault for the way I've written that, I wrote in a hurry, the 'WIT' part was a genuine question (not an attempted insult ffs), WIT was originally one of my own choices so why would I look down on it now... I hate how quick someone would jump to the conclusion that I'm looking down on WIT ... After all, how would the comment have been meant in a sarcastic tone when WIT is considered one of the very top places in Ireland for business degress...

as regards your lingo, what do you expect, to make a topic and write like that and not get a few digs? grow up...

well sorry for the confusion!!!! but you did phrase it like you were being sarcastic ffs so don't go getting narky at me k! and you didnt include how fond you were of WIT did u? so just forget it......this thread is wrecking my head....some people are so touchy!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

who said i was a guy???? don't be fooled by my username.....its a "username" afterall!:rolleyes:
    Not me. As I said, not many guys out there who call themselves Katie :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Steve01 wrote:
    Out of curiosity how many guys do you know called Katie?
    #

I know 1, his actual birth name is katie francis smith.. We call him kurt..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

boger wrote:
    i got high in my mocks

Damn kids and their drugs:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

This is actually pretty funny

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I see the lc induced craziness is beginning to take effect......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Pfft. There's loads of different types of intelligence so if the ones who think that the Leaving is the be all and end all, ye're fools. Richard Branson never even did the British equivilent to the junior cert, and look where he is now. In fact, loads of loaded businessmen failed their leaving, Ben Dunne being another example I think.

Good luck to ye if you get yer 550 points in the summer, but I wouldn't go around slagging ones who got less saying you're more intelligent than them.

heh heh heh Boger. Does he mean snot? /immature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Guys, less of the condescension, the Leaving Cert is merely a measure of how much you know in set subjects, not the kind of person you are or your IQ. People can have little or no attention span ie. A.D.D or the likes, pay no attention in class on fail on that but at the same time be utterly brilliant at art or computation, music, whatever People can be gifted and intelligent in other fields not tested in the L.C and it only measures how much stuff you can learn off, (disregarding art, music, practicals etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm perfect in every way. It gives me the right to be condescending. ;)

It's only the internet anyway. The LC board is where I go to amuse myself by being arrogant and seeing how it písses people off, as well as helping people on Applied Maths threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So... trolling basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

JC 2K3 wrote:
    . . .as well as helping people on Applied Maths threads.

Apologies, but that position has been taken already.
    You can be my side-kick though, if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

well sorry for the confusion!!!! but you did phrase it like you were being sarcastic ffs so don't go getting narky at me k! and you didnt include how fond you were of WIT did u? so just forget it......this thread is wrecking my head....some people are so touchy!!:eek:

That's okay, we were both wrong, I apologise for my rush-writing.

So... trolling basically?
    Well I never set out to troll. If letting a petty argument last for 3 or 4 pages and frequently replying with arguments with condescending undertones is trolling, then yes, I am guilty of trolling.

But then again, the level of maturity around here isn't very high as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well I never set out to troll. If letting a petty argument last for 3 or 4 pages and frequently replying with arguments with condescending undertones is trolling, then yes, I am guilty of trolling.

But, as already discussed the argument did NOT last anything near 3/4 pages... Wanna argue about that? :D

It did kinda, I made the remark about the LC being overhyped and college students not giving up going out to study on page 1, it escalated from there...

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well I never set out to troll.
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    The LC board is where I go to amuse myself by being arrogant and seeing how it písses people off
    = trying to rise people on purpose = trolling.

JC 2K3 wrote:

Oh yeah!? Well so's yore face! etc etc.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

At the end of the day, we should agree to disagree. Know what I am saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

ill try to get this in one.

md99 you talk **** and your up your own ass.
    cocoa you are totally wrong about correcting to a curve which was on the other forum, i only agreed with you because md99 was right.

havent a clue = somebody in this forum who actually speaks sense.

bright i like it.

jc2k3 get out of your ass and start realising that this is a forum were people are not really trying to be mature.

what the feck is trolling.

bring it on.

Trolling is saying stuff with the intent of getting an angry response out of people. ie if I came along and went "the leaving cert is easy! As are so easy to get!". That's being provocative, or, well, just stupid. Trolling is generally when it's consciously provocative though.
    Not a definition by any means, but that's roughly what it is!

boger wrote:
    jc2k3 get out of your ass and start realising that this is a forum were people are not really trying to be mature.
    Why?

I'm having plenty of fun as it is.

boger = snot? bogger? yes, no, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Rozabeez wrote:
    boger = snot? bogger? yes, no, anyone?
    He said I talked sense. :cool:

I'd just say he's a poor judge of character based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

omgz im liek so fcuked in da leving, liek its soooo unfair having 2 study nd all dat , seriously liek i have nuthing done and im stil complaning abut it nd stil sitin on me arse!!!

LIFE IS LIEK SO UNFAAAAIR OMGZZZZZZ

(Don't hurt me :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

boger wrote:
    cocoa you are totally wrong about correcting to a curve which was on the other forum, i only agreed with you because md99 was right.
    please Joe, please let someone more intelligent write my comprehension texts this summer, thank you.

oh, and making a post where all you do is agree or disagree with other people, without actually expanding on any argument is incredibly annoying....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I idd with Cocoa, Boger all you seem to do is get all emo on people in your posts . . . wait a minute. . . actually I think you will really fit in on these forums. A very belated welcome !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement