Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network Problems

• 08-04-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

First off I have permanet wireless internet set up in my parents house (before i moved into my own house 200 ft away) so instead of moving it all to my own place I carried an ethernet cable (from my 3com router) underground to my own place and connected that end to a belkin range extender (access point). After many many attempts at different locations around the house I found the best place for it above in the attic as it doesn't have to go through any walls up there so pointing down to various rooms through the plasterboard of the ceilings. My house is a bungalow and is 65 ft long so I put it in the middle of the attic but was getting ups and downs in signal. Oh Im using a dell inspiron 9300 laptop also to access this. But the signal is so intermittened sometimes and drops down to 1.0 to 5.5 Mbps so basically I have nothing, internet speed is crap. I have now put it over to one side of the house so it's not too bad there but nothing in the bedrooms. Is it possible to get another access point down there? Does this in itself reduce internet speed having alot of access points? I suppose Permanet is part of the problem too with the speeds not being steady all the time. Maybe it's the Belkin Access Point, is there more powerful ones out there.

Thanks guys for any suggestions;)

Advertisement