Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocked phone not working on Meteor

• 08-04-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I unlocked my Sony Ericsson V800 by a Vodafone code but the phone doesn't work on Meteor. I think I can receive calls on Meteor but I can't make calls or messages. The message centre number is right. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I think it's a conflict with the firmware and Meteor's network. I'm not saying that's Meteor's fault, all I can tell you is that I know the same thing happens with the Sony Ericsson V600. Unlocked, it appears to work on every network, even networks in other countries such as Italy, Spain, Germany, etc.. but it won't work on Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Okay I thought there might be something wrong with my phone. Can anyone back this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could look into flashing the firmware on the phone and see if that helps? Look at my k610im and 3 portal thread, someone suggested some software for doing so.

Worth a try if you've tried all else. I assume you've tried more than one Meteor SIM in it.

Well, assuming it is a conflict between the firmware and Meteor's network, which I think it likely is (that's what I am told causes the issue on the V600), flashing it with standard non-branded firmware should make it work.

The only mystery is why it only affects Meteor's network. I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps you have a different SIM card you could try out, to confirm there is nothing wrong with the phone per se?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I haven't tried another Meteor sim because I don't have one. It is no big loss that it doesn't work with Meteor but I would like it to work all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

No problems here and I got my v600i unlocked from vodafone and I'm with meteor now.

Caliden wrote:
    No problems here and I got my v600i unlocked from vodafone and I'm with meteor now.

Interesting. Mine does not, though it does work grand with O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Well, assuming it is a conflict between the firmware and Meteor's network, which I think it likely is (that's what I am told causes the issue on the V600), flashing it with standard non-branded firmware should make it work.

The only mystery is why it only affects Meteor's network. I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps you have a different SIM card you could try out, to confirm there is nothing wrong with the phone per se?

Network incompatibilities. It works fine in EDGE areas, such as Dublin, Cork, Limerick etc. Same thing applies to the Samsungs 3G phones. Whatever way Voda set it up to access the network ****s around with whatever way Meteor have their GSM network going.

Advertisement