Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political parties priorities

Options
  • 08-04-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

In the last month we have heard how everything and anything will be done if X is in government. This is of course with the terms and conditions that the economy and tax returns maintain growth rates of around 4%. No party has provided any information regarding their priorities and that at the end of the day is what differentiates them, at the moment each party is a clone of the other so my question is:

-if tax returns fell to around 2% what would the political parties do?

i)Spend money on building new infrastructure or
    ii) Spend more money on existing public services or
    iii) Tax cuts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

nextsteps.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In recent years we have seen a lot of wastage of public funds and tbh I would not expect anything better from any other party!

Incidentally is the photo of Bertie with the 4 (presumably YFF members) a bad photoshop? (Which one of the 4 is ninty9er? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

I recognise the 2 outside blokes as guys from UCD. The middle not to sure. Lurking around school yards maybe.

Advertisement