Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Best Ever Golf

• 08-04-2007 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

OK folks - I need to brag about my best ever week playing golf - I have never played as much in a week before and never played so well!!

Monday - Hollywood Lakes - 38 points

Playing in super weather but very windy, I shot 38 points here. Not a bad start! A nice course with huge potential. Great water placements and a new clubhouse being built soon. Well worth a visit.

Tuesday - K Club (Smurfit) - 33 points

Was supposed to play Palmer course but couldn't get it. Smurfit course is a big let down. Forget the pole forking work, it was in poor condition. Grass growing in bunkers - now that's bad. Won the money so all good.

Thursday - Ardee - 41 points

Know this course very well and enjoyed it. Was an open singles so lost 1.2 off the handicap for this score. Second prize was nice also!

Friday - Castleknock - 44 points

When I thought I would be cream crackered at this stage, I held no hopes of a good round here. After 13 holes I was 3 over par (I play off 19) - amazing shooting and finished well too - won the money.

Blisters on feet aside - a mighty week.

Bragging over!

Slumped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Bandit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Great shooting Slumped - let's just hope you haven't peaked too early in the season! :)

What was Castleknock like - I hear it's a great track?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

madds wrote:
    Great shooting Slumped - let's just hope you haven't peaked too early in the season! :)

What was Castleknock like - I hear it's a great track?

Castleknock was amazing. Wide fairways and not too penal if you stray off them.

Some long holes though and some tricky water positions. Sequence of holes from 7-12 go Par 5, Par 3, Par 5, Par 3, Par 5, Par 3

Worth the 90 euro green fee any day.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'd say castleknock is nice now alright, i played it mid january and it was holding up well, great drainage, thats some very impressive golf slumped, and a good sign coming into the summer, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

39 points in Galway on Thursday, Galway Crystal wine glasses
    gross +6 on Friday in Foursomes, 50 euro in a sweep
    nett -1 on Saturday in Monthly Medal, won nothing!
    94 points on Monday 4 man team, beaten on last 6. Golf polo shirt.

h/cap 10, not a bad Easter's golfing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

jesus lads cut it out. your giving me a complex :)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

slumped wrote:
    OK folks - I need to brag about my best ever week playing golf - I have never played as much in a week before and never played so well!!

A good week my man - well played.

Just glancing through Zach Johnson's card, he'd have done you in a Stableford at the K Club, but you'd have kicked his ass the rest of the week.

Was God involved at all with you ? Zach certainly gave him a mention, in that he was on Zach's bag all the way round (but none of the other poor suckers, presumably).

I was just wondering - I might try it this weekend. God knows, I've tried everything else...;)

Was God involved at all with you ? Zach certainly gave him a mention, in that he was on Zach's bag all the way round (but none of the other poor suckers, presumably).

I was just wondering - I might try it this weekend. God knows, I've tried everything else...;)

Well it was Holy Week, does that count......and my best score was on Good Friday the day our Lord died..........hmm, and who was that tallish guy witha beard and a halo standing at the back of every green?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im a member out in hollywood lakes, our greens have been dodgey lately but they are coming back, ive pretty much had my worst week in 12 months.

Havnt had better then 34 points and havnt broken 80 strokes

tear.

had metro practice tonight and was 8 over for 12 holes :( shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

im a member out in hollywood lakes,

how much is the membership / joining fee out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

im a member out in hollywood lakes, our greens have been dodgey lately but they are coming back, ive pretty much had my worst week in 12 months.

Havnt had better then 34 points and havnt broken 80 strokes

tear.

had metro practice tonight and was 8 over for 12 holes :( shocking.

Thats only 2 worse than your handicap according to the other thread. +8 2/3 of the way through the round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

40pts two weeks ago, which was a 73, 41pts last weekend which was a 72 level par...down to 4.4 now:D
    played with a guy last weekend that hit 18 greens in regulation, a shot a 77, 5 over par, you do the maths:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Halo wrote:
    40pts two weeks ago, which was a 73, 41pts last weekend which was a 72 level par...down to 4.4 now:D
    played with a guy last weekend that hit 18 greens in regulation, a shot a 77, 5 over par, you do the maths:eek:

Must be one hell of a bad putter! 41 putts, am I right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hollywood lakes is about 7-8 grand for a full member I think, not too sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

christ, the price of joining a club in this country is a joke.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its about €600 (membership + entrance fee) at my club - Portumna. Think its €300 per year after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

slumped...whats ardee like...there's an open singles on sunday and wondering if its worth making the trip up from dublin for...

slumped...whats ardee like...there's an open singles on sunday and wondering if its worth making the trip up from dublin for...

There's an open fourball in Ardee on Sunday - singles are generally Thursday.

Worth a trip up though.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

cheers slumped will book a fourball tomorrow...

Advertisement