Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Science Experiments

• 08-04-2007 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Is it 30 expiriments I have to write out and can I write out any experiment in the Text Book? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

there is 51 experiments i believe
    you have to write out EVERY experiment that says mandatory
    dont worry, you've loads of time, deadline not till like 5th may i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I think it has to be in by April 27th. Don't quote me on that though. =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

51!!!!!!May 5th!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You have to do 8 mandatory from each section and either 2 more mandatory or two of your teachers choosing. Thats 30 in total into the booklet and of course your 2 projects that you write up in class from resistance of wire, hydrogen peroxide or quadrat experiment. All to do done by end of April.

I done one that didn't say mandatory. So now I will have 31 experiments done. Does that matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Automatic fail.

I kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Dman001 wrote:
    I done one that didn't say mandatory. So now I will have 31 experiments done. Does that matter?

Nope it doesn't matter at all. Just take it nice and handy and you will have no problem at all. You may think its a lot, but really its not.

ive never heard of the stuff driver was saying........

I'm a science teacher so believe me! You have done 30 experiments written up over the last 3 years and you tick boxes in your pro forma booklet you get. It is also into this you write up the 2 big experiments you complete either recently or will do soon from the 3 I have mentioned, your teacher will have all these explained as its all worth 35% if my memory serves me correct.

ive never heard of the stuff driver was saying........

Yeah he is right. Thats the way its done. Really what the OP should have been doing was writeing up the experiments as they were doing them in school. But sure, even I didn't do that. The main thing to do is just to take it nice an easy. You will get there in the end.

• Advertisement

all our teacher told us,before easter holidays, to check over all our copies,make sure all experiements were done, and if not, do all the mandoratory ones , that arnt in yuour copies,all 30 of them.
    of course, i was confused ,knowing there was 51.i asked him, he said 30.i said meh, done them[all 51]over the last few days

TheDriver wrote:
    You have to do 8 mandatory from each section and either 2 more mandatory or two of your teachers choosing. Thats 30 in total into the booklet and of course your 2 projects that you write up in class from resistance of wire, hydrogen peroxide or quadrat experiment. All to do done by end of April.
    Do you mean 8 experiments from Biology, Chemistry and Physics? I don't think our teacher told us that. Also I have done more than one experiment that doesm't say madatory and now I have to write more out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

there is 30 but there are like diffrent parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hang on kids hold the phone! These 30 mandatory experiments, are they in the laboratory notebooks that came with the science today book?

10 from physics, 10 from chem, 10 from biology to be written, 8 of each must by mandatory and other 2 can be mandatory or optional ones. Lots of teachers get you to write them all up just for practice for the big project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

its 51 experiments written up but in the experiment book there in sorted in diff. groups and u hav to tick 30 boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Do they come around to check them? my science teacher said they dont, hence i have **** all of them done :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

i think you bring them in on the day of your science exam...
    thats what i was told anyway :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

strongr wrote:
    Do they come around to check them? my science teacher said they dont, hence i have **** all of them done :/
    Schools and classes are picked at random to be checked, if yours are not chosen to to be checked then you get your 10% automatically, i think:)

we are getting an inspecter, he/she is coming on the the may 5th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

our teacher says they are to be given in on our last day of school and stay there weather or not their looked at is a different story .....

inspecter never came into our class,but did come into lab after school to look at some of the expeeriment copys and the project reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

ciano14 wrote:
    our teacher says they are to be given in on our last day of school and stay there weather or not their looked at is a different story .....
    Really?
    Our's weren't checked and we were given our's back and told to bring them with us to the exam because under the new system the supervisor can ask for someones experiments and if they don't have them then you lose your 10%:(

trogdor wrote:
    Really?
    Our's weren't checked and we were given our's back and told to bring them with us to the exam because under the new system the supervisor can ask for someones experiments and if they don't have them then you lose your 10%:(

Does any of the teachers know what they are on about at all:rolleyes: . The way we did it was that we had to have all ours wrote up by a certain date. The science teacher would then collect them, look through them herself ad cross our names off the list. She then put them in another small room in the science lab and held onto them, she said that if the inspector came in that they would be there for him/her to take a look at. Thankfully the inspector didn't come in and look, or I would have been a bit screwed:o .

Duffff-Man wrote:
    Does any of the teachers know what they are on about at all:rolleyes: . The way we did it was that we had to have all ours wrote up by a certain date. The science teacher would then collect them, look through them herself ad cross our names off the list. She then put them in another small room in the science lab and held onto them, she said that if the inspector came in that they would be there for him/her to take a look at. Thankfully the inspector didn't come in and look, or I would have been a bit screwed:o .

That isindeed the way it is to be done. You are in theory not to take them home but write them up in school

Advertisement