Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Extra

Options
  • 08-04-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Ive logged into TRACK but i dont see the extra button..
    I applied to 2 courses, declined one, rejected on the other.
    Where my 'special'' extra button?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

****!!You just reminded me I have to accept my choices before the end of next week.Thanks for the reminder!!

*Runs off to UCAS website*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

So what courses have you applied for and where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

i applied to extra...seemed to b no problems! but thats cos i used all of my 6 choices first time round... i think theres something about having to use all of your 6 choices! check the FAQ/help section...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Yazamalainia

argh! so annoyed, i applied to 6 and didnt get into a single one! and i was so proud of my essay, i even managed to link it to indiana jones....:(

i know how u feel YAZ....i was sure id get an interview!! was gutted, though i read a fact somewhere that the authorities came up with

' the leaving cert has a weighting of only 1/3 the value of A levels!!!'
    cheeky bastards. cos we do more subjects than them!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

shazzyshaz wrote:
    i applied to extra...seemed to b no problems! but thats cos i used all of my 6 choices first time round... i think theres something about having to use all of your 6 choices! check the FAQ/help section...
    fUC-K can someone verify this? i applied to 2 courses what am i like

poblachtach-p i got this from the UCAS site for u.......

'' Extra
    What is Extra?
    Who is eligible?
    How does it work?
    What happens next?
    Advice
    Further details

What is Extra?

The Extra process is a way of applying to further universities or colleges. If you have already made six choices, received decisions from all these choices and you have declined any offers you may have received, you can use the Extra process to apply for other courses that still have vacancies. You can only apply for one course at a time in Extra.

The Extra process operates from mid March to the end of June. Course Search will tell you which courses have vacancies in Extra. You should also confirm with universities and colleges that they can consider you before you apply. You do not have to wait until Clearing to apply for other courses. You apply for courses in Extra using Track on our website.

Who is eligible?

You will be eligible for Extra if:

you have used all six of your choices; and

you have had unsuccessful or withdrawal decisions for all your choices; or

you have cancelled your outstanding choices and hold no offers; or

you have received decisions from all six choices and have declined all offers made to you.''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Got conditionals for 2 and rejected from another two. Still waiting on the final two but I've got an interview with one of them coming up. Turns out it's on the same day as my spanish oral though :( . Gotta get that changed

oh i thought all decisions from ucas have been made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

shazzyshaz wrote:
    poblachtach-p i got this from the UCAS site for u.......

'' Extra
    What is Extra?
    Who is eligible?
    How does it work?
    What happens next?
    Advice
    Further details

What is Extra?

The Extra process is a way of applying to further universities or colleges. If you have already made six choices, received decisions from all these choices and you have declined any offers you may have received, you can use the Extra process to apply for other courses that still have vacancies. You can only apply for one course at a time in Extra.

The Extra process operates from mid March to the end of June. Course Search will tell you which courses have vacancies in Extra. You should also confirm with universities and colleges that they can consider you before you apply. You do not have to wait until Clearing to apply for other courses. You apply for courses in Extra using Track on our website.

Who is eligible?

You will be eligible for Extra if:

you have used all six of your choices; and

you have had unsuccessful or withdrawal decisions for all your choices; or

you have cancelled your outstanding choices and hold no offers; or

you have received decisions from all six choices and have declined all offers made to you.''
    Fcuuk i only applied for 2 courses. LOL Iam stupid.

• Advertisement

damn man thats tough!! so i think that means you cant apply for extra?? pretty damn annoying for u

Advertisement