Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste collection ?

Options
  • 08-04-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a waste collector who services apartment blocks in the Dun Laoghaire area.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

panda?

http://www.pandawaste.com/

the council do a collection service, no idea on price tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Yes Panda recycling have been recommended by several but not sure if they service apartments, several of these companies dont.

yes panda do service apartments, the wheelie bin section of the dun laoghaire rathdown council wouldnt even answer the phone, even the emergency number isnt answered. Guys at Panda were more than happy to open my account and gave me an extra green bin free. Thanks for the guidance. www.panda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Interested in signing up with Panda, because of the additional green bin collection and the plastic recycling. Just wondering if you are still entitled to tax relief on service charges?

This document: http://www.revenue.ie/leaflets/it27.pdf
    would suggest that yes, you are still entitled to tax relief, I just wanted to make sure.. Here's the relevant bit: "Service Charges which qualify for relief......Independent contractors for domestic refuse collection or
    disposal."

Thanks!

What do they refund is it a certain percentage of what you spend on your waste collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes. 20% of your service charges (not just waste collection), a year in arrears.
    You can claim it either by logging into revenue.ie and including it in your tax credits, or by visiting www.dlrcoco.ie (if your waste is still managed by the county council (also assuming your part of the dlr coco)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Hello there, I am considering signing up for the 2010 collection year, and I have been offered Nov and Dec of 2009 free if I pay €295 up front for the 2010 year.

Question: How viable are Eurowaste as a company?

Will they be going smack right in the middle of next year and leaving me in the lurch?

I can sign up for next year in monthly installments, which is safer, but I wont get Nov and Dec of 2009 for free, as currently offered.

In the meantime, I am offered 52 waste and 26 recycling by Greenstar for €359 for next year. Its more expensive and there is no special offer, and recycling is half as frequent. Then again, they are more established.

Thanks.

Advertisement