Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IrishGamer Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lemlin wrote:
    quietly confident.
    lol

Given
    -Gabbidon Dawson Terry-
    Scholes Duff Little Pennant
    ---Henry Ashton Doyle---

Subs: Kenny, Barton, Kishishev, Sommeil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

p.pete wrote:
    lol

Well I'm not roaring from the rooftops like bacon boy. I ain't posting my team either. That is staying under wraps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lemlin wrote:
    Well I'm not roaring from the rooftops like bacon boy. I ain't posting my team either. That is staying under wraps.

Not confident enough to post up your team eh? Pighead reckons Lemlins rattled.

Heres my team. Not 100% happy with it but you're always gonna have a couple of weaklinks when confined to a budget. Should be good enough to secure the Best Manager Ever award at the end of the season.

Cech

A.Cole Terry Carragher G.Neville

Robben Gerrard Lampard Ronaldo

Henry Shevchenko

Subs: R. Ferdinand Rooney Rosicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Poor team considering the money you had to spend. Surely you'd have had a bit left over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mad Gooners are in and trying to beat last seasons mid table finish !!

Pighead wrote:

Heres my team. Not 100% happy with it but you're always gonna have a couple of weaklinks when confined to a budget. Should be good enough to secure the Best Manager Ever award at the end of the season.

Cech

Henry Shevchenko

Never mind the budget Eirebhoy. He's left MGP out. That's one massive mistake.

Duff will get more points and he's cheaper. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    Duff will get more points and he's cheaper. :)

We'll wait and see. I think Duff would too but MGP has better strikers playing off him. That's the reason he's in my team ahead of Duff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lemlin wrote:
    We'll wait and see. I think Duff would too but MGP has better strikers playing off him. That's the reason he's in my team ahead of Duff.
    Its not usually Pigheads style to agree with Lemlin but I must say......I agree with Lemlin!

As well as the reason given above I also think Duff will have his usual couple of months out with his hamstring troubles. Didn't bother him to much last season, but that was mainly due to the fact he hardly played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pighead wrote:

Cech

Henry Shevchenko

I know its Fantasy Football, but this would be your "fantasy" football team for a budget of 200m.....keep dreaming..:p

Besides, you will have 5 Chelsea players by next week which ain't allowed....even the 4 you have is more than the 3 allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

After much debate and reasoning, have gone with

VDS
    A Cole, Carragher, Dawson, Yobo,
    Gerrard, Zokora, Cahill Convey
    Berbatov, Henry
    Subs: Crossley, Osano, Lita, Tonge

Pretty happy with it. Obviously a risk leaving out Lampard but feel his WC form and community shield performance might mean he could suffer for form early in seaon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    Happy enough with my team, not playing any wingers so plenty of yellows for me :)

1: Van der Sar (C) MU 168 0 6 6.0 6 FU (H)
    2: Terry CH 184 0 8 8.0 8 MC (H)
    3: Eboue AR 49 0 6.5 6.5 6.5 AV (H)
    4: Arca MI 61 0 5.5 5.5 5.5 RE (A)
    5: Dunne MC 88 0 5 5.0 5 CH (A)
    6: Gerrard LI 176 0 10.5 10.5 10.5 SU (A)
    7: Fortune BW 0 0 5.5 5.5 5.5 TH (H)
    8: Reo-Coker WH 115 0 7 7.0 7 CA (H)
    9: Viafara PO 25 0 4.5 4.5 4.5 BR (H)
    10: Henry AR 239 0 14 14.0 14 AV (H)
    11: Berbatov TH 0 0 8 8.0 8 BW (A)
    12: Kenny SU 0 0 3.5 3.5 3.5 LI (H)
    13: Makin RE 0 0 3.5 3.5 3.5 MI (H)
    14: Zokora TH 0 0 6.5 6.5 6.5 BW (A)
    15: Hulse SU 0 0 6 6.0 6 LI (H)

kdjac

Viafara has joined Southampton.

I'm in!

eirebhoy wrote:
    1: Given
    2: Terry
    3: Neville
    4: Neill
    5: Young
    6: Gerrard
    7: Duff (C)
    8: Cahill
    9: Benayoun
    10: Keane
    11: A.Johnson
    I've made a few changes because of injuries and pre-season form.

Out:
    Neville
    Young
    Cahill
    Keane

In:
    Heinze
    Dawson
    Fabregas
    Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

anyone got a link to fantasy.premierleague.com that'll pass a firewall
    cant access in work - just wondering does anyone know of a proxy that works properly for it ie i think its the java script thats not working properly through the likes of vtunnel
    i have heard of people using the ip address to avoid firewall restrictions for the likes of bebo

any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

its stronger than my team last year i think

1. Given

2. Finnan
    3. Dunne
    4. Weir
    5. Chimbonda

6. Gerrard (c)
    7. Reid
    8. Cahill
    9. N'Zogbia

10. Shevchenko
    11. Bellamy

Subs:
    12. Niemi
    13. Fortune
    14. Neville
    15. Pedersen

The team has gone through loads of changes and a few more needed...

James (will be gone when I can confirm Given's fitness)
    Kenny

Zakuani
    Gabbidon
    Dawson
    Terry (may swap for Toure or Eboue for funds)
    Sonko

Gerrard
    Scholes (will swapout after first game, I want Duff anyway or maybe Nolan if he's still struggling)
    Convey
    Barton
    Cahill

Shevchenko
    Berbatov
    Doyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Is it just me or are there far fewer people participating this year? Kick off is Saturday people, get your team in!

This year has proved a lot harder to select a well rounded team I think. I'm not happy leaving both Lampard and Henry out of my line up so this may change before Saturday and will definitely change after Gameweek 1.

Anyway, here are the results of the Earthhorse jury:

Given
    Finnan Chimbonda Heinze
    Fabregas Duff Gerrard (C) Davis
    Bent D. Yakubu Vassell

Subs:
    Bennett, Sommeil, Boumsong, Gillespie

As I say, not entirely convinced by this line up but I think having a balanced team without superstars will score more points this year.

I see one or two people with Chimbonda in their team, is anyone else worried about his repeated transfer requests? Wonder how he's been doing pre-season /goes off to try find reports/

<edit>

hmm... if he goes to spurs I'd definitely be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭tricky@

micks wrote:
    anyone got a link to fantasy.premierleague.com that'll pass a firewall
    cant access in work - just wondering does anyone know of a proxy that works properly for it ie i think its the java script thats not working properly through the likes of vtunnel
    i have heard of people using the ip address to avoid firewall restrictions for the likes of bebo

any help appreciated

yeah have the same problem with a firewall blocking access to the site in work. would be great if anyone knows a way around it.

• Advertisement

tricky@ wrote:
    yeah have the same problem with a firewall blocking access to the site in work. would be great if anyone knows a way around it.
    ahhh that word "fantasy" causing issues....would like another link myself

Chimbonda is popular alright....I just made a few changes and brought in players I wanted but thought I couldn't...I'm happy enough with my squad right now...Sat afternoon though could be a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Reina (Liv)
    Terry(Che) Finnan(Liv) Neill(Bla)
    Arteta(Eve) Reid(Bla) Ballack(Che) N'Zogbia(New) Jenas(Tot)
    Bellamy(Liv) Berbatov(Tot)

Subs: Politt(Wig) Sommeil(Shef) Osano(Read) (Davis(Bol)

What do ye think? Would have liked to get Pedersen but it would mean dropping Finnan for a cheaper defender to raise the funds. My midfield is a bit risky TBH with only 1 top player, Ballack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Friedel 	BR 	148 	0 	5 	5 	5 	PO (A)
    	Kenny 	SU 	0 	0 	3.5 	3.5 	3.5 	LI (H)
    	Fortune 	CA 	27 	0 	3.5 	3.5 	3.5 	WH (A)
    	Neill 	BR 	115 	0 	5 	5 	5 	PO (A)
    	Ferdinand 	MU 	165 	0 	7 	7 	7 	FU (H)
    	Finnan 	LI 	170 	0 	7.5 	7.5 	7.5 	SU (A)
    	Halls 	RE 	0 	0 	3.5 	3.5 	3.5 	MI (H)
    	Tonge 	SU 	0 	0 	4.5 	4.5 	4.5 	LI (H)
    	Cahill 	EV 	126 	0 	7.5 	7.5 	7.5 	WA (H)
    	Lampard 	CH 	222 	0 	11 	11 	11 	MC (H)
    	Giannakopoulos 	BW 	150 	0 	8 	8 	8 	TH (H)
    	Speed 	BW 	106 	0 	6 	6 	6 	TH (H)
    	Harewood 	WH 	148 	0 	8 	8 	8 	CA (H)
    	Defoe 	TH 	126 	0 	8.5 	8.5 	8.5 	BW (A)
    	Rooney 	MU 	182 	0 	11.5 	11.5 	11.5 	FU (H)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Manky United

signed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

tricky@ wrote:

Try http://www.unblockthis.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

or you could go to your local friendly internet cafe to get it sorted out :) <works in an netcafe, no problemos :) >

i'm all signed up, probably gonna do the usual, Great start! fall away at the finish... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Squaddy wrote:
    Signed up! I picked Gerrard I wont lose!

Might follow your lead on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

There is a Fantasy League i setup which awards the winner with a 100euro voucher for a clothes shop in waterford. The code to enter the league is 44005-10819. Feel free to join up lads. More info here

Reina

Toure
    Carragher
    A. Ferdinand

Benayoun
    Gamst Pedersen
    Cahill
    P. Neville

Henry
    Lua Lua
    A. Johnson
    ----

No Lampard or Gerrard for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As it stands for me now

Myhre

Gray
    Hyppia
    Gabbidon

Gamst Pederson
    Gerard
    Lampard
    Parker

Doyle
    Henry
    Davies

Subs:
    Kenny, Tonge, Unsworth, Rosenior

Is it just my imagination or has the Chelsea jersy been switched back to last season's :) fantastic if someone's hacked in and done that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 shady_dice

::WARNING - noob questions forthcoming::

can someone please explain how the scoring in this works? I have picked my team and entered it in the league but as much as i look i cant find a definite answer on this and may need to change a few things depending on answers!

first off, do 11 people count per weekend or do all 15 players points count? and if it is the case that its 11 is it as simple as if a player from a certain position is missing then the sub's score counts then and only then? oh and whats the difference between a yellow box and red box beside the players names? i know they are injuries... varying degrees of severity?

any help much appreciated

Re the boxes - they sometimes mean suspensions also - go into the players details and there's usually some notes explaining what they mean, though don't believe their predictions of when a player will return from injury. And also don't assume no coloured box means no injury, the information is helpful but it's not perfect.

You pick the 11 you want to play, and then once that player takes any part in a match for that gameweek then that players score will count. If they take no part then a sub may be used - obviously if there's 5 in your first 11 that don't play then you don't have enough subs to cover that.

Like you said, if your first 11 play then none of your subs will count (also don't forget to arrange your subs so they're in your order of preference).

Hope that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 shady_dice

think i have it, cheers. just one last one tho, if a player doesnt play does the game automatically go and get a sub for me or do i have to have gone on proir to the game and made the substitution myself? and is it one sub per position? eg. if 2 of my midfielders are missing do the top 2 subs play even if they are a defender and a striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

I'm in again! YAY!
    :)
    >Irish Rovers Return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Sorenson
    Kenny

Eboue
    Hoyte
    Lescott
    Brown
    Gray

Gerrard
    Arteta
    Reo Coker
    Parker
    Fabregas

Schevchenko
    Johnson
    Webber.

I don't even think everton will do great and i put 3 of 'em in there. + i'm gonna swop one for another next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Does Warnock not get his game for Liverpool ... foolishly put him on my team! :( Help me... how can I replace him?

Anyone know where the 'Rules' link has gone from the right side? I need to know how the scoring is worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

tis under Help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

chump wrote:
    Does Warnock not get his game for Liverpool ... foolishly put him on my team! :( Help me... how can I replace him?

transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's the deal with the "Wild Card" for transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think it lets you transfer as many players as you like during a week without any points deduction. You can only use it once in the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

4th in the table after week one,happy days,its all down hill from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can you transfer players whenever you want or what's the story?

JPA wrote:
    Can you transfer players whenever you want or what's the story?
    You get one free transfer per week and for every other player that you transfer that gamewwek you get docked 4 points, that's why the new wildcard option will be quite handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Just joined this morning! "I love paul byrne" never a truer word! I thought I had a team in this already but cant seem to find it, so if anyone finds a team named something like wheres me jumpa let me know!

• Advertisement

had a bad start and had to think about making a few changes....Am I the first to use my wild card already?:eek:

Lets hope I don't need it further down the road....:o

Just found out about the wildcard now!:
    You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.
    I've already made 4 transfers this week! and that was without using the wildcard. Does anyone know if I were to make just one more transfer before the deadline could I play the wildcard?

<edit>

In answer to my own question, I think the answer is yes. Think I'll save it for some other week down the line where teams aren't playing and I need to use it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Lex Luthor wrote:
    had a bad start and had to think about making a few changes....Am I the first to use my wild card already?:eek:

Lets hope I don't need it further down the road....:o

Looking at last season it may have been best to save that wild card! Towards the end I remember 'Boro playing three times in one game week due to fixture congestion, and a few other teams playing twice in the same game week. Helluva lot of points up for grabs if you play your (wild) card right!

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Looking at last season it may have been best to save that wild card! Towards the end I remember 'Boro playing three times in one game week due to fixture congestion, and a few other teams playing twice in the same game week. Helluva lot of points up for grabs if you play your (wild) card right!
    Yeah, I'd tend to agree. They should've called it the "Russian Billionaire Card"

I made 4 changes this week but I didn't use the Wild Card, I'll wait till the end of the season for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i made a few changes myself. nearly used the wild card but it is way too early for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement