Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IrishGamer Fantasy Football

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

is saha injured? thinking of ditching him, he had a good start to season but last 3 games he has nt got any points except appearence points. selling him for andy johnson and may discard henry, he would have to score 280points to justify his current price and thats what he scaored last season but i think he will score a lot less this season due to being tired from playing so much in last year and arenals style is becoming less reliant on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

is saha injured?
    I missed all pre-match talk today but from what I gathered he was just being rested.

Zamora and henry out -> drogba and andy johnson in. Kept lampard in midfield to be captain for season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You should've waited until after the internationals were over in case any players get injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

poor week for me,only 29 points.hopefully rooney gets some form back from the internationals or i will have to get rid

• Advertisement

Not a bad week for me, 41. I'm still disappointed that Saha didn't play though, Newcastle were a shambles at the weekend and I think he would have lapped their defence up.
    Now we just have to sweat on the players coming back injury-free from the internationals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

anyone know if saha is back fit??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

shepthedog wrote:
    anyone know if saha is back fit??

isnt he in French squad?

He wasn't injured, Fergie was just resting him.

Anyone else buggered by the international break? I have 3 injury doubts. And for some reason the information button that gives you an indication isn't working.
    Starting to see why club managers hate the internationals! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lads don't forget to make any transfers before this mornings deadline passes. Yeah yeah Pighead realises hes a gentleman and extremely fair minded but to be honest thats just the way I was rared.

Greatest of luck to all my competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It passed at 1130 didn't it ;)

EDIT: Frack it. Ronaldo's not playing ?! :( He's not even on the bench!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Good too see henry finally coming good.

Good too see henry finally coming good.
    In fairness he always does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What's the login to join the boards.ie league?

its on first post of this thread Makaveli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

No theres a different one to the irish gamer one, the code is 974-282

whoops, apologies Makaveli..

anyone else think Cudacini would be a shrewd signing??

Also, now that Mido and Defeo are hitting form what about Berbatov? Have stuck with him now since beginning but think its too long to carry him..

best week so far for me,a whopping 83 points with lampard (c) and rooney doing the business:)

Who thinks Berbatov is gonna get a regular game for Spurs now after his brace and assist last night??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Hw was man of the match in the last Euro game and then got rested for the Sunday game.

Great player but I think he'll play Mido on Sunday.

Stupid really as Mido is nowhere near as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How come the thread isn't a sticky anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I fancy Liverpool to give Reading a right hiding tomorrow. I've stuck with Gerrard for the first 10 games and he hasn't done it for me, but now I think he will start producing some form. I'll stick with him one more week and thats it. Thinking about bringing in Crouch for tomorrow also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Brought Crouch in and made him capt. In hindsight, Kuyt would have been the choice but Crouch got the 2 assists so can't really complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lemlin wrote:
    How come the thread isn't a sticky anymore?

Because there are only a small number of stickies, all of those threads that used to be stickied have been included in one stickied thread at the top.

You received your prize I assume ? No Thank yous ;) Congratulations all the same on your win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

playa3 wrote:
    No theres a different one to the irish gamer one, the code is 974-282

Thanks, had forgotten all about this.

thats it,had enough of rooney and got drogha in instead,knowing my luck rooney will get himself a hatrick tomorrow:rolleyes:

county wrote:
    thats it,had enough of rooney and got drogha in instead,knowing my luck rooney will get himself a hatrick tomorrow:rolleyes:
    Considering selling Henry if he doesnt start averaging 7points a game soon and getting Drogba in. The guys who award the bonus points don't seem to rate Drogba too highly though and he rarely gets bonuses even when most people are saying he is playing great this season. Ronaldo always gets bonuses even though he does'nt always deliver the final product.
    Henry Camara and Van Persie look like good buys and maybe Rooney will be a good buy if he keeps scoring like he has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

county wrote:
    Unlucky. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

i forgot all about this lge.......doh!!! So just joined now.....looks like i am currenlty 114th.....LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Joined this earlier, currently in 40th for now.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Unlucky. ;)

sick as a parrot:( :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive shot right up to 22nd. Woo.

And now up to 8th. Gerard finally delivered, and I had him as captain. 68 points altogether.

I might add that I was this particular leagues manager of the month, and I won €30 from the other league I am in. Yes, I am boasting. I am going to enjoy it while I still can.

Finally a few of my players produce the goods in the one week. Gerrard captain gets 22 points alone. Given clean sheet. Barry with a goal and 2 bonus. Fabregas assist and 2 bonus. Berbatov goal and assist. Now for a 0-0 with Chelsea and Man U. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ugh, one of those weeks that seems to be going very well on first glance. Carvahlo, Barry and Saha all score. Fabregas somehow manages to get himself 7 points. Finnan a clean sheet. And still a load of players to play!

Wait, no, those players all went and got injured before the match. Fook sake.

My best week yet, 67 points.

Possibly my worst week yet. Henry injured so i made toure catain-0points, i decide to put Pearce from fulham in defence cos they seem they get a few clean sheets, gets sent off so i get -2. The rest were distinctly average is 2's etc. apart form fabregas and thankfully carvalho got that goal today

56 points this week and up to 18th so i`m quite happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm happy with my lot (13th I think). - considering I'm in the land of Sawker and find it hard to see news reports.

still a way of the pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

up to 8th now. going good the last few weeks.

32 points today,a few games to go so hopefully pick up a few more points.saha being (cap) got me 16 points

Ah yes 32 points for me too, good oul cesc as captain racking up the bonus points yet again, and thats without carvalho, essien, henry and sorensen so definitly better than the last couple of weeks so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

91 points for Pighead this week. Bit disappointed I didn't make the 100 mark but thats just the way I am. Always striving for more. In truth it was a magnificent score unequalled by anybody in the irishgamerleague and its looking very ominous for the competition now.

I would have most likely put Essien as my captain if I knew he was playing twice. 6 bonus points for him is incredible, must be in top form. I've usually lost interest in this by December so I'm doing better than usual. :)

thought i did ok with 68 points but i moved down about 10 places, pretty tough competition this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im up in 4th now! im comin for the title lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Up to 3rd after a few good weeks !!!!

The Fantasy Cup started on week 19. Safely through the first 2 rounds..

slipping fast so a few changes are in order:(

Loitering around 7th at the moment, but less than 20 points off the top.

Safely through the first two rounds of the cup also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement