Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IrishGamer Fantasy Football

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Primus saved me yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Before i say this i would like to say i think the fantasy premier league is excellent and very fair for everyone but one thing kind of looked weird

Drogba - 107
    Rooney - 103

Drogba has been so much better yet is only 4 points ahead, never thought Rooney would have that many points...probably deserves them put i find it strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There is the bonus points bit for a start. Which can award a player 3 points more than another based on what some guy in sky (no doubt english) says was the best or most influential player in the game (wouldn't happen to be englands Wunderkind)

So who is winning this and have they picked their prizes yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Couple of good weeks (thanks Van Pierse) has brought me up to 3rd !!!

The big question now is should I change a few players to try to get Henry back in ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I wouldnt bother. he is way too expensive. yea he will get points but others will do better.

When will Montella be added? I'd say he'll be cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There is the bonus points bit for a start. Which can award a player 3 points more than another based on what some guy in sky (no doubt english) says was the best or most influential player in the game (wouldn't happen to be englands Wunderkind)

So who is winning this and have they picked their prizes yet ?
    It's not actually done like that anymore. It's now based on the Actim Index.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

JT back as well next week.

Given tonights performance and their last league performance I think I might start to get a few Gunners players in ;) Starting with Rosicky! Although I think hes seriously overpriced :(

BaZmO* wrote:
    It's not actually done like that anymore. It's now based on the Actim Index.
    It was last season but it's changed.

The three best performing players in each match will receive additional bonus points. Three points will be awarded to the best player, two to the second best and a single point to the third.

Player performance is assessed by Press Association analysts, all of whom are ex-professional footballers, who attend each match. This assessment takes into account the quality of a player's overall performance and their contribution to the match result.

Bonus points are awarded within 1 hour of the last match of the day finishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The reason Van Persie and Drogba aren't as high on points as they should be is not due to just the additional points system, it's also due to the amount of yellows cards they both get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

So Larsson is 8.0 and Montella is 7.0.

But its difficult to know if Montella will get the opportunities on goal, as Fulham's midfield looks decimated by injury at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Tempted to go with Larsson but not sure if he will get alot of playing time
    Want to bring Henry back in but he costs so much, want to switch two of my strikers, saha and berbatov out, Henry and Bennie in, then Essien out and Arteta in maybe so as to afford it
    or saha and berb out for Van Persie and Benni and Barry out and bring in Gerrard...

option 1 - Henry, Benni and Arteta (droping Essien, Berbatov and Saha)

option 2 - Van Persie, Bennie and Gerard (droping Barry, Berbatov and Saha)

Have Drogba upfront too so its temping to have himself and Henry in the team

my head is wrecked trying to decide, imagine i had real life problems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

moved to top of the table this weekend
    :D:D:D

maybe 1 point behind actually they havnt updated the league yet but its tight. like a tiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Fair play ;)

Im in a few leagues and I have to say this is one of the most wide open, which is cool, anybody from the top 25 could steam in and win....Now to start spending the prize money lol
    Blackburn & Watford play twice next week....

Big Benni Mac is my el capitano for next week...he better not get injured in training this week :eek:

There is no prize money or so I understand, Lemlin has said he will give forward 5 games to the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Right got a decison to make..

Have Saha and Van Persie to go as feel Van Persie's good run is over and saha just isnt returning such a large amount..

Thinking Yakubu and McCarthy and replacing Hilario with Cech and bringing Barton to replace phil neville.. Good move?

Get Montella in. Bargain!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Wahey, finally leading this league. Just in case it doesn't last, I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat after a certain Soccer mod told me I'd be doing well to finish in the top 20 ...

Well good luck with that ecks ;)

Now the real footballery types can take the lead back off you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sizzler wrote:
    Im in a few leagues and I have to say this is one of the most wide open, which is cool, anybody from the top 25 could steam in and win.

Pighead agrees its very tight this year but to be honest I think you're wrong when you say anyone in the top 25 could win it.

Realistically I'd say anyone in the top 54 could win it at this stage. Although yeah, anybody beneath that can count themselves out of it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ecksor wrote:
    Wahey, finally leading this league. Just in case it doesn't last, I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat after a certain Soccer mod told me I'd be doing well to finish in the top 20 ...

Don't count your chickens yet! There is a good part of the season left and the run in is when the form book goes out the window!

As for me, my excuse is that I'm 7500 Km and 7 hours time difference from the Premiership, so its pretty tough keeping track of whats going on (I miss my Gilespedia) based soley on the commentary here (which is mostly in non-english, or such a raped version of the english language, that no sense can be made of it).

Failing that excuse, I'll fall back on "I'm a girl"!

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead agrees its very tight this year but to be honest I think you're wrong when you say anyone in the top 25 could win it.

Realistically I'd say anyone in the top 54 could win it at this stage. Although yeah, anybody beneath that can count themselves out of it at this stage.
    We've been neck and neck for months. :D

eirebhoy wrote:
    If you want that trend to continue buddy I suggest you start moving through the gears. Throughout this month Pighead plans to steadily rise into the top 30.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Well we've broken into the top 50 and we're still neck and neck! You're a point ahead of me. Chelsea and Arsenal to play again this gameweek.

You have Drogba as captain, Pighead has Shev and Baptista(Captain). The tension is getting unbearable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quick Question -

If you've only one striker up front and he doesnt play, does the first player off the bench come on or the first striker off the bench come on.
    i.e. Solskjaer didnt play, Giggs is first sub, Benni McCarthy is second sub.

who comes on?

thanks
    Trilla

I would say McCarthy will be put in.

From the Rules:
    Automatic substitutions

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules.

And formation rules says there should be 1 striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Trilla wrote:
    Solskjaer didnt play, Giggs is first sub, Benni McCarthy is second sub.

who comes on?

Sorry man, it's gonna be Giggs

{edit] Whoops, sorry, no you'll get McCarthy - didn't read the bit where you said you'd one striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Just pondering over who ill take a chance on by making them my fantasy league captain for tomorrows games.

My 3 strikers are playing and Arteta and James. Its a small gameweek of only 6 matches.

Newcastle v Adebayor

McBride v ManCity

Agbonlahor v Wigan

Bolton v Arteta

Im mainly thinking that Arteta and Adebayor will do the most. Arteta is definitely the player on form but playing Bolton away,,, whereas Adebayor had so many class saves made against him in the last 2 matches hes bound to score tomorrow. But then again, Agbonlahor is playing at home and might grab a goal or a couple assists?

Or i could go crazy and pick James,,, can he keep a clean sheet against Watford?

Hmmmmm, any suggestions welcome, tis a bit of craic sure.

Is there anybody out there..................................

I've selected Arteta as my captain. On average he should be the top points scorer amongst the ones you list. Bolton are a tough side, but he picked up 11 points in the reverse fixture and his recent form is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

ecksor wrote:
    I've selected Arteta as my captain. On average he should be the top points scorer amongst the ones you list. Bolton are a tough side, but he picked up 11 points in the reverse fixture and his recent form is good.
    done the same,22 points on friday and is great form atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

of your selection Arteta would be best choice...I try to normally pick a home player as captain, but Mikel is doing well at the moment.
    Bolton will lose today

Charlton playing at home today.

Plus they're playing well in comparison to a Reading side who aren't (Reading haven't won since Feb 10 - the day that Charlton last lost!)

Darren Bent is fit and well, and in decent form - so i'm thinking there may be a few goals in him today :)

So Bent or Martins for Captain - hmmmm, decisions :/

SofaKing wrote:
    Charlton playing at home today.

Plus they're playing well in comparison to a Reading side who aren't (Reading haven't won since Feb 10 - the day that Charlton last lost!)

Darren Bent is fit and well, and in decent form - so i'm thinking there may be a few goals in him today :)

So Bent or Martins for Captain - hmmmm, decisions :/
    I toiled between Bent or Arteta....Mikel better do the biz now I've chosen him

A few goals from Bent though would make it better

I made Arteta captain,,, thank christ i didnt go crazy and pick James for that cleansheet. How are they losing 3-1 to Watford after beating Man utd 2 - 1. Im gonna sell James and get the Reading keeper.

I see Taylor scored again though,,, might be worth a buy now but they have tough games ahead and they`re conceeding a lot.

Anyone have an opinion on who are the defenders to buy for the remaining weeks, whos likely to keep cleansheets and maybe score a goal.

^Finnan - in one of the Prem's best defences + chips in every now and then with an Assist.

Or if something cheaper then perhaps Lescott who looks like he's been getting forward from a full-back position - more Assists could be on their ways. BUT Everton not always guaranteed a clean sheet :/

Dunne / Distin are cheapish as well - Man City do appear to eek out clean sheets sometimes - but they are unlikely to score i think.

And then as you say Taylor is always worth some goals - purely because although hes classed as a FB ( and gets defender goal-points) he's actually playing LW for Portsmouth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Liverpool have a double game-week next, so I got Gerrard in. I sold Lampard, since Chelsea have the FA Cup at the weekend. Nice bit of business, especially with Liverpool in good form.

Liverpool have a double game-week next, so I got Gerrard in. I sold Lampard, since Chelsea have the FA Cup at the weekend. Nice bit of business, especially with Liverpool in good form.
    Gerrard is too expensive for what he gets,,, look at his form, its nothing special. Too many weeks of 3points and no assists or goals.

Im buying Crouch for the double week.

My current defense is:
    Carragher / Ferdinand / A Cole / Carvahlo

Im debating swapping Ferdinand or Cole for Taylor, but ill keep ferdinand for what should be 6points aganst Sheffield in their next match. Chelsea ae keeping clean sheets but its dodgey havin both Cole+Carvahlo as Cole doesnt always play.

Liverpool are leaking goals every 2nd game lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Nightmare with my captain selection of Arteta(only 2 points), big double game week coming up now and I'm still in with a chance of the boards.ie league(2nd at the minute)!! only 14 points behind you Jerry!!!

I think the Irishgamers.ie league may just be out of reach. but top 4 is very possible.

• Advertisement

I made some awful adjustments after I went top and now I'm way back. This week was poor. I've planned an aggressive transfer strategy for the next couple of weeks which will quite likely bomb but is my best chance to sprint home ahead.

I'm happy enough with my first year of fantasy football anyway whatever happens. Took me a long while to figure out a few things and I feel I've really only just started to figure out a decent strategy to maximise expected points earnings. Next year I'll be much better :)

evilhomer wrote:
    Nightmare with my captain selection of Arteta(only 2 points), big double game week coming up now and I'm still in with a chance of the boards.ie league(2nd at the minute)!! only 14 points behind you Jerry!!!

I think the Irishgamers.ie league may just be out of reach. but top 4 is very possible.
    There's another boards league other than the Irishgamers one? :confused::(

Well i was just asking for some general fantasy footie talk,,, im in my own private league with my college class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

For the next gameweek where a few teams play twice who do you think would be the better option, Yakubu or Tevez? West ham play Sheffield Utd. away and then Chelsea at home and middlesbrough are playing Aston villa at home and then Liverpool away, so not much difference between them there. I'm not going for crouch or another Liverpool player because you're never sure whether or not they'll play but i guess i'm open to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Was thinking of bringing in crouch for carew whos injured... OR and its alot more risky and doubt i'll do it but sell lampard for this game week and bring in gerrard..I could afford to buy lampard then next gamewk..

Decisions decisions..
    Most importantly,. whos everyone thinking of for captain.. Hard to take it away from ronaldo even tho more teams have two games..

Well, i brought in crouch and got of McBride, being meaning to get rid of him a while now.
    I might do 2 transfers for this week though, im pondering outing Ashley cole for Agger. I already have Carragher and carvahlo so should be ok. Are there any other defenders worth considering (that are playing twice like), the weaker teams that are playing twice are playing 1 tough game and i cant see them keeping 2 clean sheets or they have no potential scoring defenders either. Think ill draft in Agger, sure the 4pts i lose, he`ll easily make up as long as he plays both games. Although Liverpool have been leaking the odd goal lately. Hmmmmmmmm :confused: ponder ponder

Toure with Arsenal playing 2 home games might be good too, least its sort of guaranteed he`ll play both games.

Im running with Crouch as captain.

• Advertisement

playa3 wrote:
    For the next gameweek where a few teams play twice who do you think would be the better option, Yakubu or Tevez? West ham play Sheffield Utd. away and then Chelsea at home and middlesbrough are playing Aston villa at home and then Liverpool away, so not much difference between them there.
    I've gone and bought Tevez. He appears to be in a good run of form and hopefully he can continue that.

Next problem, who do i make captain - Tevez or Cesc ? I'm leaning towards Tevez. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

yeah i ended up just gettin crouch in the end cos liverpool have a fairly easy run in so i'll be able to keep him and see how he does. i have picked cesc as captain for now because he always wracks up the bonus points and has to get a goal eventually but he seems burnt out at this stage and may be rested

Nuttzy wrote:

Im running with Crouch as captain.
    so did I and Rafa is not my favourite person tonight

SofaKing wrote:
    Next problem, who do i make captain - Tevez or Cesc ? I'm leaning towards Tevez. :/
    Went with Cesc as captain.

Result ;)

SofaKing wrote:
    Went with Cesc as captain.

Result ;)
    Pigheads ahead of you in the table and is thus a better Fantasy Football Manager.
    Result ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement