Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Highland Terriers

Options
  • 09-04-2007 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

looking to find 2 x West highland Terrier pups. Does anyone know where i can find some. Live in the Mullingar area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No idea where you can find them ...but are you SURE you want two pups in one go?

They are an awful lot of work. Have you raised pups before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php? There is a member on petsireland who rescues westies - she may be able to help - post in the homes offered section & someone should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jcogley7

Thank you for that, will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

jcogley7 wrote:
    looking to find 2 x West highland Terrier pups. Does anyone know where i can find some. Live in the Mullingar area.
    I'm from Mullingar and have a Westie, bought mine near Tullamore, check out buyandsell.ie thats where I found mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

DonJose wrote:
    I'm from Mullingar and have a Westie, bought mine near Tullamore, check out buyandsell.ie thats where I found mine.

eh... or not...

Buy and Sell is not the place to find a pup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not all breeders in the buy and sell are bad - but a lot of the dogs will have been bred in poor conditions etc! A good breeder will show you all the pup as well as the mother & in some cases you will see the father. However I will say that a rescue society will be the best place - not only are you helping an unwanted dog but you can guarantee that the dog/pup has had a full health check etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

In fairness, after going to an international dog show on Saturday, I have absolutely no idea what a 'good breeder' is anymore. The judges seemed to be picking out the most horrible dogs ever. The German Shepherds were practically crippled with their sloping backs. I love whippets, but the winning whippets were chunky (looked fat to me) and also had this unnatural back end on them. The daschunds are ruined with their over long backs and short legs. I just dont get it! Surely we should be entrusting good breeding to these so called experts.

Advertisement