Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing a push button start?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC, most of the push buttons on ebay still require the key to be put into the ignition and turned. Some insurance companies may not be too fond of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

friend did one in 5 mins in his Clio...just for the novelty though....still required the key to be turned to 2 I'm afraid.

There's probably some sort of system out there to suit what you're looking for though. Damn expensive would be my guess at a price;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Have one in my motor, factory fitted but you still need the key. Maybe you're thinking about the keyless start option that Renaults and the like have?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Boo Urns.

You I know bout the Renault keyless stuff, mines a 97 though, so pre-dates all that jiggery-pokery.

Was just having a poke around and found the ones I linked to in my op, but it's pointless if I still have to use the key.Cheers lads.

Advertisement