Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keys Locked in Boot

Options
  • 09-04-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

Need a bit of advice. A friend just locked the keys of his car in the boot. The whole car is locked up so can't access through any of the doors. It's a C180 Merc 00 reg. Anyone got any ideas how to get the keys out?

chrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just had a look at the father's C180 only way I can see it the good old fashioned clothes hanger and pull the internal door handle as if you were opening the door from the inside, will take a bit of time if your not used to it but someone around should do quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The coat hanger dosent work on mercs. there is nothing to do just to call a lock smiths, wish i could give ya better cheaper advice but there is no other alternative that i can think of.:o

-VB-

Emm it worked for me on a 01 C180 Coupe?????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Breaking one of the small windows in the rear doors might be a last resort. Not the window that winds down but the smaller quarter glass, not too expensive to replace, definately cheaper than replacing a broken lock. This might allow you to open the door from the inside assuming the car doesn't have dead locks. Again would only recommend this as a last resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I'm not too sure of the car but does it have pokey-up locks on the door near the rear of the driver door?

If so you could try the bail of briquettes trick. Get the bit that wraps around the briquettets, fold it over in half and slip the looped part through the bodywork, pull it tight around the lock botton and pull upwards.

Only works on this type of lock and I presume a '00 Merc wouldn't be succeptible to this kind of thing...

• Advertisement

The pop up lock indicator is completely hidden within the door so you can't pull it up but you can pop the internal handle and the door will open, think about it otherwise someone could lock you in the car and you wouldn't be able to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Mercs don't do deadlocks on any of their cars so the primitive methods should work.

You could also get a key cut from the VIN. You don't need a fancy immobiliser one, just a cheap blade to unlock the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I know this is probably a silly question but why doesn't he have a spare key ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chilledout

He has a spare key but it's 2 hours away. BUT, just heard that the key is now been driven down to him!
    Thanx for all your responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the back seats on a old type C class don't fold down though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Where is the handle for opening the boot inside the car?

On my old car it was down to the right of the drivers seat and I once had the same problem, locked keys in the boot. Managed to get the boot open by knotting a small noose out of string and slipping it into the car from the top of the door, after some manoevering about I got it looped on the handle and just pulled it up and the boot popped open.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

C Class has a button in the centre console along with the electric windows and mirrors (presuming it's the 93 to 00 model!) It's electric though so won't function unless the car is unlocked.

Advertisement