Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap membership in midland area??

• 09-04-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey all, i used to be a member in Tullamore Golf Club, nice trek in fairness but i am no longer a student and they are lookin for around 5k to join plus the sub after that, i just cant justify that in one lump sum, does anyone know of any decent courses around that may come in around 2k maybe for joining fee etc, somewhere challenging enough for a half decent ball striker??

anyone's ideas would be gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

You could try Highfield golf club near Carbury Co. Kildare. It's not that cheap though, IIRC the joining fee is about 2k.
    http://www.highfield-golf.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

cheers for the suggestion man, had a bad experience there b4 playing an inter club match, wasnt a huge fan, then again it was a miserable day and i was beaten pretty badly so i would be biased!! was onto a few places there givin me prices, looking at around 1500 which aint bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Who were you onto in the midlands? Any chance you could post up a few prices. Im near mullingar and am interested in joining a club soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Tullamore €4000 entry plus 690 sub
    Mullingar €5000 entry plus 700 sub
    Esker Hills €4600 entry plus 737 sub
    Castlebarna(daingean) €1000 entry 500 sub
    Birr €700 entry €737ub (which i think is great cause its a lovely little course)
    New Forest (Kilbeggan) €10000 entry €1000 sub

Cant think of any else off hand but feel free to add any anyone :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Gowran Park in Kilkenny have some decent offers on now for membership... 10 week trial membership available starting today afaik.... try before you buy kinda thing...
    Also, a 3 year standing order scheme is available covering the entry fee plus 3 years subs paid monthly over 36 months. I used this scheme when I joined some years back and found it rellatively 'painless'.
    Something like 160 per month
    Approx (3,175 + (850*3)) / 36

Its a superb course, par 71, sss 72 from the back and brilliant greens

gowran.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Golf Pro

Last time I spoke to them they had membership available at €5,000, however they also had a few owners of share memberships who were willing to lease the membership for a year or two, therefore you would only pay the annual sub.

Advertisement