Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsoc FTP

• 09-04-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

The server problems have been fixed according to the netsoc website, and i can see my files, but I cant seem to login.

The wtp page isnt working and filezilla's giving me nothing, though I cant seem to login to my society's ucd ftp using filezilla so maybe the problems on my end?

Any of the netsoc ppl any advice, any knowledgeable ppl or the all knowing irlrobins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

What is there site address?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Why haven't you tried SFTP. It's available in a program called WinSCP (assuming you're using some flavour of MS Windows). It's very secure and easy to use, and means that your password won't be intercepted by snoopers.

If the problem looks like it's on your end, try playing with the option called 'Passive FTP'. It can often solve problems associated with broadband routers/firewalls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The server problems have been fixed according to the netsoc website, and i can see my files, but I cant seem to login.

The wtp page isnt working and filezilla's giving me nothing, though I cant seem to login to my society's ucd ftp using filezilla so maybe the problems on my end?
    What do you mean that you can see your files?

There is a box in filezilla which tells you what is happening (i.e. it will have something like "connecting to xxx"). If there is an error there post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

*Hangs head in shame*, its because I was using my wireless and not an ethernet cable :o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

Aye, I'm afraid UCD wireless and Ftp is a no no. You do indeed need to plug in to use it. And yes, server issues are (nearly) sorted..... :P

Will look into wtp...

euph::esmurph::eoin

• Advertisement

UCD need to relax tha kaks a bit about the wireless network. FTP and Novell File Server access would be great for many people; and Computer Service's assertion that the H: drives wouldn't work over wireless is complete nonsense - they just don't want to.

can I access Novel File Server from my laptop? Where?

install the novell client and you can get H: and the other drives - be careful tho as it can mess up your laptop.

Ah, no I can already access my H drive

What I thought you meant was there was a way to access those programs like STATA and Photoshop that are on the computers in the labs.

yes there would be, the problem is that they don't install the full thing at all. what they do is make changes (like putting the icons and stuff) on your PC but the 'program files' folder still is on drive Y:\.

technically you're not allowed to install the programs anyway and use them on unlicensed PC's.

IMHO the sooner we get off this Novell stuff the better - they should at least make drive H: available via normal file sharing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement